Impreza GR Series (2008+)

Welcome to the Subaru Hatch Forums, please log in...
Impreza GR Series (2008+)

Discussion Forums for the Subaru Impreza Hatch.

Latest topics

» Anti roll bar sizes on Sti / 330S
Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:13 am by vulnax

» 2008-on Rear RED overlays
Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:47 am by salsa-king

» UBot Studio Cracked 3.00086 Free 1
Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:51 pm by xymonneco

» Tf2 Naked Models Gmod.zip
Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:29 pm by xymonneco

» Download Windows 8 Sl 64 Bit Iso
Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:28 pm by xymonneco

» Desi Students Fun-8 Mins-Hindi Audio XXx(www.mastitorrents.com)
Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:13 am by xymonneco

» Rclicker-setup
Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:44 pm by xymonneco

» Internet Download Manager 5.18 (PreCracked)
Thu May 29, 2014 6:07 pm by xymonneco

» Sony MediaSoftware Ma Ja Le Ethereal Textures WAV [MLYJVV]
Thu May 29, 2014 3:47 pm by xymonneco

Shopmotion


Navigation

Affiliates

Rclicker-setup

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:42 pm by xymonneco

Rclicker-setup
http://tinyurl.com/ktt6dgy

Cucu Bilal Full 3gp

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:57 am by xymonneco

Cucu Bilal Full 3gp
tinyurl.com/ob68lca

Www Sexy Videos Download Com

Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:54 pm by xymonneco

Www Sexy Videos Download Com > tinyurl.com/qze2wkc


Whatsapp Jar File For Mobile Lg Cookie Plus Gs500.rar

Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:13 pm by xymonneco

Whatsapp Jar File For Mobile Lg Cookie Plus Gs500.rar > tinyurl.com/om7bj72


Subaru Isle of Man Record attempt

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:44 am by Bensonsti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFlSG9_Ue4A&feature=related


Anti roll bar sizes on Sti / 330S

Share
avatar
vulnax

Posts : 567
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 47
Location : North West

Anti roll bar sizes on Sti / 330S

Post  vulnax on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:08 pm

Can any one enlighten me on the std sizes of anti roll bar, front and rear, on the STi / 330S ?

What size do people go up to especially on the rear? 20, 22, 24 mm ???


Thanks
avatar
vulnax

Posts : 567
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 47
Location : North West

Re: Anti roll bar sizes on Sti / 330S

Post  vulnax on Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:00 pm


Measured by micrometer, if I remember right it's ...


18mm rear, 20mm front!

Expected thicker bar on the rear...
avatar
sti_fairbs

Posts : 70
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-08-03
Location : Helensburgh/Dumfries

Re: Anti roll bar sizes on Sti / 330S

Post  sti_fairbs on Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:39 am

ive been looking into the whole handling upgrade for my 08 STI, and everyones saying go 22mm front, 24mm rear. just need the sheets to pay for them.

A

Posts : 61
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-08-01
Location : SE London

Whiteline

Post  A on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:41 pm


Go Whiteline all the way AND you must get the inserts for the foating rear end / subframe pirat

Powerstation did all the development work on the first Litchfield hatch T20's - they will advise you on how far you want to go.

All depends if you value a little bit of ride quality as well as to resolve the Titantic rolls. Laughing

A
avatar
Rob

Posts : 537
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2010-01-28
Age : 34
Location : Cumbria

Re: Anti roll bar sizes on Sti / 330S

Post  Rob on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:46 pm

A wrote:
Go Whiteline all the way AND you must get the inserts for the foating rear end / subframe pirat

Powerstation did all the development work on the first Litchfield hatch T20's - they will advise you on how far you want to go.

All depends if you value a little bit of ride quality as well as to resolve the Titantic rolls. Laughing

A

Positive rear Traction kit and diff lock down bushes Cool
avatar
Derek FKS 85

Posts : 133
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-03-18
Age : 58
Location : Edinburgh

Re: Anti roll bar sizes on Sti / 330S

Post  Derek FKS 85 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:16 am

Just fitted my Whiteline front ARB and low and behold the suspension knock has dissappeared, new 'modified' bushes and drop links fitted by the dealer previously too.
avatar
vulnax

Posts : 567
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 47
Location : North West

funny steering feeling after.....

Post  vulnax on Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:55 am

Right.

Had a lot of whiteline kit fitted at Demon Tweeks yesterday, and set up to the Prodrive settings ( that came with the prodrive springs ).
Had Prodrive springs on last month and set up to those settings as far as possible - although no adjustment at back & camber was out, not enough adjustment on fronts so less -ve camber than desired at front, then.

Kit fitted is at the bottom of the post.

Bit of a problem in the steering feel, the engineer also mentioned it.
If the wheel is straight ahead so bottom spoke is at 6 O'Clock, then as wheel turned so spoke is 4 or 8 on the clock then the feel goes really wierd! Feels like tramlining ( but does not pull car over to one side ) as the wheel sorts of pulls, and goes light as turned. Does not inspire confidence even though the cornering is better now.
My bet is over effective powersteering, but not sure.
Or if there is any cure.

Did i read on here or Snet about known powersteering problems with the hatch?
May have to see if Litchfield or Revolution can / will advise or fix it, embarrassing as I didn't get them to supply / fit the kit as DT do Snet discount and are way closer to me.

Cheers

V

WHIKCA313 WHITELINE KIT SUIT SUBARU IMPREZA ( rock n roll kit - wishbone ball joint & track rod ends)
WHIW0507 BUSH KIT LOWER CONTROL ARM
WHIKCA334 ANTI LIFT & CASTER ADJ FRONT ARM REAR BUSHES
WHIKCA414 Front CAMBER ADJ BOLT KIT-14MM
WHIKSR207 IMPREZA STI 08> HEAVY DUTY STEERING RACK BUSHES
WHIKDT901 GEARBOX POSITIVE SHIFT KIT
WHIKDT902 BUSH KIT DIFF MOUNT INSERTS
WHIKDT903 BUSH KIT SUBFRAME TO CHASSIS INSERT
WHIKCA326 STRUT TOP-CAMBER ADJUST - rear camber adjustable top bushes
IMPREZA INC WRX/STI GH 10/07>/GR 02/08> FRONT ANTI ROLL BAR BUSH CAR SET OF 2
IMPREZA INC WRX/STI GH 10/07>/GR 02/08> REAR AR BAR BUSH 18MM (2 PER CAR)
avatar
Derek FKS 85

Posts : 133
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-03-18
Age : 58
Location : Edinburgh

Re: Anti roll bar sizes on Sti / 330S

Post  Derek FKS 85 on Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:06 am

Does it feel like the traction control is coming on on one wheel?

I have that issue after fitting my jap spec quick rack, it's going in tomorrow for the dealer to have a look.

Keep you posted on this.
avatar
vulnax

Posts : 567
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 47
Location : North West

Re: Anti roll bar sizes on Sti / 330S

Post  vulnax on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:01 pm

That may be useful Derek.

Can't say I see the traction control light come on, and the sudden lightness of the stering occurs when turning both ways.

I suspect some power steering issue from removing the steering rack to do the harder mounts, or maybe the straight ahead sensor or similar?
avatar
vulnax

Posts : 567
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 47
Location : North West

Re: Anti roll bar sizes on Sti / 330S

Post  vulnax on Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:27 pm

Someone posted on Snet that it may be badly fitted steering rack bushes, as these are different / more awkward to fit than classic ones... worth a look I guess!
avatar
Derek FKS 85

Posts : 133
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-03-18
Age : 58
Location : Edinburgh

Re: Anti roll bar sizes on Sti / 330S

Post  Derek FKS 85 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:58 am

Car in today, there's nothing wrong with the rack etc. It appears that because the turn in is much sharper with the quick rack, the yaw, steering position and 'G' sensors are sending the wrong signals to the VDC and it thinks the car is losing grip and activates the traction control.
No definitive answer as to how to resolve it yet but perhaps re-programing the VDCCU to the settings the car the rack came off, (JDM STi) may work??

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!
avatar
Rob

Posts : 537
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2010-01-28
Age : 34
Location : Cumbria

Re: Anti roll bar sizes on Sti / 330S

Post  Rob on Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:35 am

Derek FKS 85 wrote:Car in today, there's nothing wrong with the rack etc. It appears that because the turn in is much sharper with the quick rack, the yaw, steering position and 'G' sensors are sending the wrong signals to the VDC and it thinks the car is losing grip and activates the traction control.
No definitive answer as to how to resolve it yet but perhaps re-programing the VDCCU to the settings the car the rack came off, (JDM STi) may work??

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Unfortunatly you cant re-program it for the jdm sti, you may need the module from the donor vehicle. if it is seperate which I think it is. but you would need to reset the vdc settings with the subaru select monitor back to neutral

Or a complete pain in the ass is to switch it all off when you start the car
avatar
Derek FKS 85

Posts : 133
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-03-18
Age : 58
Location : Edinburgh

Re: Anti roll bar sizes on Sti / 330S

Post  Derek FKS 85 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:40 am

Thanks for that Rob, where is the control unit located? I take it that the JDM control unit should have no adverse efect on anything else?
avatar
Rob

Posts : 537
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2010-01-28
Age : 34
Location : Cumbria

Re: Anti roll bar sizes on Sti / 330S

Post  Rob on Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:58 am

I'll take a look at mine in the morning, I think its located on the driverside nr the fuse box if I can remember rightly. all the harnesses should be the same so I cant see an issue
avatar
Derek FKS 85

Posts : 133
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-03-18
Age : 58
Location : Edinburgh

Re: Anti roll bar sizes on Sti / 330S

Post  Derek FKS 85 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:18 pm

Thanks for that Rob, I'm sure I can get the control unit from the donor car so am I correct saying that it should just be a 'plug and play' exercise?
I appreciate your help on this one.

Rheid

Posts : 138
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2010-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Re: Anti roll bar sizes on Sti / 330S

Post  Rheid on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:19 pm

Rob wrote:Unfortunatly you cant re-program it for the jdm sti

Rob, could you clarify the above statement please. I'm not sure if you mean the VDCCU can't be reprogrammed because UK select monitor won't have the relevant JDM data or if you mean it can't be reprogrammed at all.

Looking at the workshop manual (VDC(diag)-18, section 6), it states that if you fit a new VDCCU you have to program it with select monitor using the specific vehicle applied model code, but, if you enter the wrong code by mistake you can clear the memory and then re-enter the correct code. This would lead me to believe that it can be re-programmed.

The issue Derek was having today was that there was no option available on the select monitor to enter any applied model code, not just JDM. Could this be because the memory wasn't cleared first?

Should explain that Derek and I both fitted these racks at the same time and have been working together on a resolution to the VDC issue.

Thanks for your help with this Rob, it really is appreciated!

Neil.
avatar
vulnax

Posts : 567
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 47
Location : North West

Re: Anti roll bar sizes on Sti / 330S

Post  vulnax on Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:30 am

Derek,

Your description of the problem / symptoms below seem familiar ... my rack was removed to fit new Whiteline harder PU bushes, and the wishbone balljoints & track rod ends were replaced with the Whiteline Rock'n'Roll bump / roll steer steer mods.
So rack disturbed, and stering is sharper / more precise with the mods.
Maybe mine is electrical sensor problm too. I'll try turning off traction control/ driver assist in the morning and see if problem goes away.

Had noticed, particularly when rounding a cornerand and accellerating hardish that stering feels like understeer / slipping, little feedback weight, and traction control light flashed ON for in use ... gripped and turned corner fine but felt .. odd ...


Other than that back to a Subaru Impreza suspension expert for a look see, and maybe remove each Whiteline part in turn to see if that removes the feel problem.
Could be a problem this lack of feel in the bad weather...



Derek FKS 85 wrote:Car in today, there's nothing wrong with the rack etc. It appears that because the turn in is much sharper with the quick rack, the yaw, steering position and 'G' sensors are sending the wrong signals to the VDC and it thinks the car is losing grip and activates the traction control.
No definitive answer as to how to resolve it yet but perhaps re-programing the VDCCU to the settings the car the rack came off, (JDM STi) may work??

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!
avatar
Rob

Posts : 537
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2010-01-28
Age : 34
Location : Cumbria

Re: Anti roll bar sizes on Sti / 330S

Post  Rob on Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:56 pm

we can program the car with the standard uk settings we cannot load jdm files into a uk or euro import car. so no it cannot be programmed anything different that whats allready in there. Sorry but the ssm 3 is too clever we cannot tell it that it has a jdm vdccu it wont allow us to program anything other than uk stuff, as trust me we've tried it just pops up and says incompatible file system Crying or Very sad
avatar
vulnax

Posts : 567
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 47
Location : North West

Solved my problem

Post  vulnax on Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:13 am

Apparently Subaru had issued a service bulletin, that relates to the order the steering rack to UJ to steering column bolts are tightened.

Do it the wrong way and the system is pre-loaded so provides extra ( too much ) assistance as son as any steering input.

Slaken bolts, shake / wiggle about, rebolt in opposite order ( wish I could remember which ! )



Another problem after the rock n roll kit - zero for wheel angles had moved so ecu soon ran out of measurements!
Reset that and good to go!


vulnax wrote:Derek,

Your description of the problem / symptoms below seem familiar ... my rack was removed to fit new Whiteline harder PU bushes, and the wishbone balljoints & track rod ends were replaced with the Whiteline Rock'n'Roll bump / roll steer steer mods.
So rack disturbed, and stering is sharper / more precise with the mods.
Maybe mine is electrical sensor problm too.  I'll try turning off traction control/ driver assist in the morning and see if problem goes away.

Had noticed, particularly when rounding a cornerand and accellerating hardish that stering feels like understeer / slipping, little feedback weight, and traction control light flashed ON for in use ...  gripped and turned corner fine but felt .. odd ...


Other than that back to a Subaru Impreza suspension expert for a look see, and maybe remove each Whiteline part in turn to see if that removes the feel problem.
Could be a problem this lack of feel in the bad weather...



Derek FKS 85 wrote:Car in today, there's nothing wrong with the rack etc. It appears that because the turn in is much sharper with the quick rack, the yaw, steering position and 'G' sensors are sending the wrong signals to the VDC and it thinks the car is losing grip and activates the traction control.
No definitive answer as to how to resolve it yet but perhaps re-programing the VDCCU to the settings the car the rack came off, (JDM STi) may work??

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored content

Re: Anti roll bar sizes on Sti / 330S

Post  Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:16 am