Impreza GR Series (2008+)

Welcome to the Subaru Hatch Forums, please log in...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Subaru Hatch Forums, please log in...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion Forums for the Subaru Impreza Hatch.

Latest topics

» Shame some spammer got on here!
My Story From PPP to SC46 Billet turbo Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:04 pm by vulnax

» Anti roll bar sizes on Sti / 330S
My Story From PPP to SC46 Billet turbo Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:13 am by vulnax

» 2008-on Rear RED overlays
My Story From PPP to SC46 Billet turbo Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:47 am by salsa-king

» UBot Studio Cracked 3.00086 Free 1
My Story From PPP to SC46 Billet turbo Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:51 pm by xymonneco

» Tf2 Naked Models Gmod.zip
My Story From PPP to SC46 Billet turbo Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:29 pm by xymonneco

» Download Windows 8 Sl 64 Bit Iso
My Story From PPP to SC46 Billet turbo Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:28 pm by xymonneco

» Desi Students Fun-8 Mins-Hindi Audio XXx(www.mastitorrents.com)
My Story From PPP to SC46 Billet turbo Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:13 am by xymonneco

» Rclicker-setup
My Story From PPP to SC46 Billet turbo Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:44 pm by xymonneco

» Internet Download Manager 5.18 (PreCracked)
My Story From PPP to SC46 Billet turbo Icon_minitime1Thu May 29, 2014 6:07 pm by xymonneco

Navigation

Affiliates

Rclicker-setup

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:42 pm by xymonneco

Rclicker-setup
http://tinyurl.com/ktt6dgy

Cucu Bilal Full 3gp

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:57 am by xymonneco

Cucu Bilal Full 3gp
tinyurl.com/ob68lca

Www Sexy Videos Download Com

Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:54 pm by xymonneco

Www Sexy Videos Download Com > tinyurl.com/qze2wkc

Whatsapp Jar File For Mobile Lg Cookie Plus Gs500.rar

Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:13 pm by xymonneco

Whatsapp Jar File For Mobile Lg Cookie Plus Gs500.rar > tinyurl.com/om7bj72

Subaru Isle of Man Record attempt

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:44 am by Bensonsti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFlSG9_Ue4A&feature=related

+3
RB5 286
StanS
jaypSTI
7 posters

My Story From PPP to SC46 Billet turbo

jaypSTI

My Story From PPP to SC46 Billet turbo Empty My Story From PPP to SC46 Billet turbo

Post  jaypSTI Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:02 am

I contacted Alan at enginetuner in January to talk about my fear of my 08 Hatchback STI getting the dreaded piston ringland failure. He gave me many options from a more engine friendly remap by Martyn up to a fully rebuilt engine. After seeing continued failures even on custom mapped cars. I decided that something more drastic had to be done.
    The initial spec consisted of just replacing the pistons but Alan eventually convinced me that once I started modifying in this way I would want more and more. After many emails backwards and forwards with the idea of me eventually wanting between 450-500bhp, he came up with the following engine spec: Wiseco pistons, K1 H beam rods, cosworth bearings/gaskets and baffle plate, rcm oil pump and arp head studs.
    After a little more research into enginetuners work and a tour of the garage I was finally convinced to leave my car in their capable hands after hearing of their development in the cosworth subaru. I handed over my keys and in return was given a courtesy car.
    Four weeks later i was running it in, also added was a h&s full decat exhaust and a aem induction kit. After oil changes at 50, 500 and 1000 miles, Martyn worked his magic and remapped the car producing around 355bhp/355ftlbs.
    Whilst getting further oil changes at 2000 and 3000 miles, I watched the development of another hatchback of a member here. So it wasnt long before I was looking at my own options of a bigger turbo and supporting mods.
    After talking to Martyn about my options he told me about the opportunity of trying out a billet turbo from scoobyclinic. I agreed and the following package was put together: SC50 billet turbo, 800cc injectors, cosworth front mount intercooler, RCM headers (ceramic coated), bosch fuel pump, swirl pot, catch tank.
    Although the target was only around 450bhp the sc50 was chosen because it was unknown if it was as good as it said on the tin and 450bhp would be available at much lower boost.
    So the car was handed over to the masters at enginetuner to work their magic again. After the problems encountered with the other hatch they were working on. I knew that they would come across similar problems on my car. Mainly custom pipework to get the cosworth intercooler to fit. And standard fit turbos aren't so standard fit in a 08 hatch. After a few weeks everything was squeezed in and I just had to wait for Martyn to return from a well deserved holiday to begin mapping.
    On return he was quick to find a problem for some reason the turbo was struggling to build over 1.1bar of boost. But he did find out that the turbo was gonna be up to making its claimed power no trouble at all as it was producing 430/430 at only 1.1bar. With this in mind and to make sure it wasnt the turbo that was faulty an sc46 billet was ordered to try. A couple of days later this was fitted but it was still not making target boost. After lots of head scratching and testing it turned out that the cosworth intercooler had thrown up another problem and was causing the standard dump valve to leak boost due to its position. So dump valve removed and here comes the results:
    This graph is my original base map which is the prodrive 330s map vs sc46 billet at 1.5bar on tesco 99 fuel.

My Story From PPP to SC46 Billet turbo Powergraphnewvsold

No extra lag but loads more power, what more could I want? There is a fair bit more in this turbo but I want the car to be fairly reliable and very road friendly and thats exactly what it is.
    I cant thank Alan and Martyn enough, its definately my best trip back from plymouth by far.
    Anyone worried about their 08+ Hatchback engine should get down to enginetuner. And anyone looking for a new turbo the SC billet range is the way to go.
    Thanks again enginetuner
    StanS

My Story From PPP to SC46 Billet turbo Empty Re: My Story From PPP to SC46 Billet turbo

Post  StanS Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:53 am

Excellent results James, and in record time !! Laughing
    That turbo certainly produces the goods. Cool
    Glad the boost problem has been resolved.

Looking forward to a visit to Plymton as soon as possible to get mine finished !
    Stan
    RB5 286
    RB5 286
    Admin

My Story From PPP to SC46 Billet turbo Empty Re: My Story From PPP to SC46 Billet turbo

Post  RB5 286 Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:31 am

nice write up / figures

any ideas on costs for some1 like me who is scared of the thought of theose kindda things lol
    sti_fairbs
    sti_fairbs

Post  sti_fairbs Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:23 pm

good to here dude, i was chatting to alan the other day, just gotta find the funds to do something similar. haha, only seeing excelent reviews about alan, good to see some more.
    DuncanG
    DuncanG

Post  DuncanG Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:31 am

Very Impressive Cool
    jaypSTI

Post  jaypSTI Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:10 am

A little update on my car. I am now running the car with approx 8% methanol with a 2nd racerom map by Martyn @ Enginetuner.

My Story From PPP to SC46 Billet turbo JamieSC46

Nearly got it to 500/500, but to say im happy is a massive understatement. The car is an absolute animal now. Hitting peak boost 1.7bar at 3400rpm it would leave the cossie subaru in lag world wondering why its got such a poor turbo.
    I now have 2 maps "S mode" is a vpower map and "S# mode" a methanol map. I also have auto blip on down shift which is very handy and launch control.
    Thanks Martyn your a legend!
    If your coming towards the end of your warranty and fancy upping the power with no extra lag. I suggest you give enginetuner a call. Get yourself forged and slap on one of these sc46 billet turbos and you will never look back.
    vulnax
    vulnax

Post  vulnax Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:39 am

I assume that problems of low boost and FMIC fitment are resolved now down there for future builds??

Did you ever try the SC50 again .. interesting to see if that made 500 !

Are you intending to put up a build spec and perhaps hint at costs? alien
    Martynj

Post  Martynj Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:03 pm

vulnax wrote:I assume that problems of low boost and FMIC fitment are resolved now down there for future builds??

Did you ever try the SC50 again .. interesting to see if that made 500 !

Are you intending to put up a build spec and perhaps hint at costs? alien

Yes they are, the Cosworth intercooler is on the back boiler until they sort the issues and we are using Perrin intercoolers as a replacement. Fantastically well made and not as expensive as you might think.
    The SC50 wasn't tried again, shame because I suspect it would have walked the 500 especially with the Meth.

Martyn
    vulnax
    vulnax

Post  vulnax Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:57 am

Any further news Jay, how's the motor going after 6 months or so?

Got the itch for more power / torque yet?

Cheers

jaypSTI

Post  jaypSTI Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:14 pm

Nothing major done really. Had another map done with 20% meth mix mainly for fuel cost savings but also to see if it would break the 500 barrier. As it happens it made less power on the dyno than my previous 8% map but this was put down to the dyno cell being over 30c inside.
    I have no current plans for more power, its enough of a handful on the road as it is. Its still my daily driver so im not keen on pushing the 2.5 block any further without another car to fall back on if/when it lets go. Maybe next year if I get another run around then ill let MartynJ have his wicked way with it and go rotated.
    Car has been awesome in the last 6 months, only had 1 scare when I lost all power. But thanks to some out of hours texting support from Martyn@enginetuner it just turned out to be an intercooler pipe blown off. Im averaging around 19mpg and havnt had to top up the oil which is a good sign. Although it is getting changed every 3000 miles. I think if anything is gonna break its gonna be my clutch, looking back I should have gone twin plate. But when I originally spec'd the car I didnt plan for over 500ftlbs of torque. I dont really launch it hard so it might be ok.
    One recommendation I have to make to everyone who has an ecutek remap or are thinking of getting a ecutek remap. Go get the racerom patch!!! Its awesome.
    Dual Map = Get a methanol mix or race fuel map, well worth it, methanol will reduce your chances of det and dreaded piston failure if mapped correctly!!
    Flat foot shifting = mind blowing acceleration through the gears and sounds and cracks from the exhausts Very Happy
    Auto blip on downshift = handy for those too lazy to heel n toe
    Launch control = When martyn demonstrated this to me, I wasnt prepared for it and I literally thought we had left the rear end of the car behind.
    All well worth it and lots of fun!
    vulnax
    vulnax

Post  vulnax Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:19 pm

Cheers Jay,

Mine's still std internals, but with racerom and a meth map! Ohh and 800cc injectors and AEM CAIK, 3" sports cat exhaust etc. over 415bhp 460 lb ft on the meths map!!
    Just drooling for a SC46 turbo.... need a build before that tho' !!

Glad yours is so fun and still going strong.

Thanks

V

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 pm