Impreza GR Series (2008+)

Welcome to the Subaru Hatch Forums, please log in...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Subaru Hatch Forums, please log in...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion Forums for the Subaru Impreza Hatch.

Latest topics

» Shame some spammer got on here!
North West Mapping.... any demand? Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:04 pm by vulnax

» Anti roll bar sizes on Sti / 330S
North West Mapping.... any demand? Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:13 am by vulnax

» 2008-on Rear RED overlays
North West Mapping.... any demand? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:47 am by salsa-king

» UBot Studio Cracked 3.00086 Free 1
North West Mapping.... any demand? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:51 pm by xymonneco

» Tf2 Naked Models Gmod.zip
North West Mapping.... any demand? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:29 pm by xymonneco

» Download Windows 8 Sl 64 Bit Iso
North West Mapping.... any demand? Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:28 pm by xymonneco

» Desi Students Fun-8 Mins-Hindi Audio XXx(www.mastitorrents.com)
North West Mapping.... any demand? Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:13 am by xymonneco

» Rclicker-setup
North West Mapping.... any demand? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:44 pm by xymonneco

» Internet Download Manager 5.18 (PreCracked)
North West Mapping.... any demand? Icon_minitime1Thu May 29, 2014 6:07 pm by xymonneco

Navigation

Affiliates

Rclicker-setup

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:42 pm by xymonneco

Rclicker-setup
http://tinyurl.com/ktt6dgy

Cucu Bilal Full 3gp

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:57 am by xymonneco

Cucu Bilal Full 3gp
tinyurl.com/ob68lca

Www Sexy Videos Download Com

Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:54 pm by xymonneco

Www Sexy Videos Download Com > tinyurl.com/qze2wkc

Whatsapp Jar File For Mobile Lg Cookie Plus Gs500.rar

Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:13 pm by xymonneco

Whatsapp Jar File For Mobile Lg Cookie Plus Gs500.rar > tinyurl.com/om7bj72

Subaru Isle of Man Record attempt

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:44 am by Bensonsti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFlSG9_Ue4A&feature=related

+4
Rob
Paul666
mickp
Tone Loc
8 posters

North West Mapping.... any demand?

Tone Loc
    Tone Loc

North West Mapping.... any demand? Empty North West Mapping.... any demand?

Post  Tone Loc Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:59 am

No the weathers getting a touch better and my warranty has gone i'm starting to think about doing a few more mods to the car and finally getting the ecu remapped. Definately want EcuTek rather than open source, like the feature set of RaceRom. So first thoughts are Andy F, however its a bit of a trek up to him so started to wonder as warranties start to slip etc are there a few of us in the North West that could maybe use Andy's services or maybe a different mapper (with access to rollers?). I'm thinking more like May/June so i can sort any additional mods before mapping so not immediately... anybody else in the area thinking about doing it at a similar time?

Tony.
    mickp

North West Mapping.... any demand? Empty Re: North West Mapping.... any demand?

Post  mickp Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:17 am

Tony

I might well be up for this. Just waiting for Pete (Prosport) to get back to me. What mods are you considering ?.

Mick
    Paul666
    Paul666

Post  Paul666 Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:06 am

I've been talking to Neil (Vulnax) about remapping and he's looking at a few options. One is the guy that remapped the Gobstopper, Andy F as always and a GB could be running on SN for Bob Rowle.

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/870361-bob-rawle-mapping-group-buy.html

Mick you could be waiting a while.

So it could be 4 of us already within a hour of Manchester.

Paul.
    mickp

Post  mickp Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:23 am

Paul you have mail Wink
    Tone Loc
    Tone Loc

Post  Tone Loc Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:28 am

Dave Rowe is the guy who mapped the Gobstopper is he not? Ex MoTec? That sounds interesting, he's fairly new to EcuTek tho isn't he.... shouldn't make a difference really.

What is Pete looking at for you Mick? Think he said at the LADS RR day he does all the mapping now... didn't Richard Bulmer do a bit for them ages ago?

In terms of mods, for the first map I'm only thinking small to get a safe map more than anything to rid the car of the awful standard map. So it would be with my Magnaflow CBE and I'm considering adding 2nd CAT delete pipe (H&S) and a CAI (AEM or Forge/Litchfield). That's all, may even just as it is.

Paul666
    Paul666

Post  Paul666 Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:43 am

Mick,
    ditto.

Tony,
    That's the guy, Vulnax said it would be £550+v for a first map, could get cheaper if more go for it, not sure. He is new to EcuTek and the fact that Bob Rowle looks like he's been working with the RaceRom for a while plus the GB price of £460 inc is pulling me towards Bob.

Paul.
    mickp

Post  mickp Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:50 am

Tony

I have asked Pete to give me a price for a basic forged piston upgrade. My thinking was forged pistons CAIK and a turbo-back exhaust. Not looking for big figures just a reliable set up with a little more performance and noise. Above all else a safe map Rolling Eyes

Mick
    Rob
    Rob

Post  Rob Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:15 am

mickp wrote:Tony

I have asked Pete to give me a price for a basic forged piston upgrade. My thinking was forged pistons CAIK and a turbo-back exhaust. Not looking for big figures just a reliable set up with a little more performance and noise. Above all else a safe map Rolling Eyes

Mick

If you thinking of doing a basic piston upgrade its worthwhile doing a headstud kit too and better headgaskets Cool
    mickp

Post  mickp Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:33 am

Rob wrote:
    mickp wrote:Tony

Mick

If you thinking of doing a basic piston upgrade its worthwhile doing a headstud kit too and better headgaskets Cool

Rob

Still got your advise PM from a few months back Wink Will definitely be going with the headstud and gasket kit.
    Tone Loc
    Tone Loc

Post  Tone Loc Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:36 am

Mick, sounds like our goals are very similar... Rob you fancy doing a GB for fitment of 'drop in' pistons at work LOL.

Just got my copy of DeltaDash, time to find a private road to get a baseline road dyno before any mapping Wink
    vulnax
    vulnax

Post  vulnax Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:49 am

Yeah, I've been talking to Dave Rowe of EPS motorsport. He is an ex Motec engineer / mapper, and did do the gobstopper, now gone private. Did WRC cars and touring cars etc. too.

One of the places I was talking to re engine build ( well this was just for a full head job! ) said they could fit heads and map it using Dave. Recommended him highly.

He has been on ECUTek for a while, but is only getting the racerom customer kit in 2 weeks, so may be interesting - he says it's just more mapping although I'd think the flat throttle shifting, in gear boost control and auto blip on downshift need a bit more setting to work nice and smooth... let alone the launch control Twisted Evil - going for meth on 2nd map!

If it's a mess after a day on the rollers and on the road would then o to Bob or Andy.

I usually use AndyF but is a bit of a long day to Edinburgh and back... and was only mapped early Oct 2010 anyway, I just want the racerom goodies!

vulnax
    vulnax

Post  vulnax Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:52 am

Forgot to say,

ScoobyClinic have commissioned drop in Mahle pistons that need no machining and are civil when cold etc.
    They reckon they currently machine the engine ( bore? ) and hone to get good clearances etc. with the current "drop in" pistons, although without splitting block. Stops the cold rattle of forged wisecos etc.

Not sure if that's usual?

Rob
    Rob

Post  Rob Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:11 pm

Tone Loc wrote:Mick, sounds like our goals are very similar... Rob you fancy doing a GB for fitment of 'drop in' pistons at work LOL.

Just got my copy of DeltaDash, time to find a private road to get a baseline road dyno before any mapping Wink

I'm allways willing to do a group buy for fitting drop in pistons Cool
    Tone Loc
    Tone Loc

Post  Tone Loc Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:57 am

How many hours labour are we talking Rob.

To do drop in pistons what items are needed or recommended other than the pistons, head studs and head gaskets?

Paul, see you have your name down on the Bob mapping GB... do you have a date yet?
    Paul666
    Paul666

Post  Paul666 Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:59 am

Tone Loc wrote:Paul, see you have your name down on the Bob mapping GB... do you have a date yet?

No mate, still waiting for numbers.

Rob
    Rob

Post  Rob Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:49 am

Tone Loc wrote:How many hours labour are we talking Rob.

To do drop in pistons what items are needed or recommended other than the pistons, head studs and head gaskets?

Paul, see you have your name down on the Bob mapping GB... do you have a date yet?

Piston Upgrade & the obvious headgasket change around 14-16hrs, heads would be stripped and cleaned to be honest as I wouldnt just slap them back on

Last edited by Rob on Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : miss spelled words)
    vulnax
    vulnax

Post  vulnax Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:19 am

Or to make it even more worth while, get a set of these sexy heads from CNCheads in Stockport, near manchester, good article in last aug or Sept Rev.

http://www.cncheads.co.uk/subaru2500.html

http://www.cncheads.co.uk/PDFs/subaru.pdf

Exchange so slap them on and return your old ones...

I'm going for these when ever I get around to doing pistons or forged build...

Last edited by vulnax on Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added links)
    Rob
    Rob

Post  Rob Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:49 am

to be honest the std heads are more than sufficient with the build unless your planning huge power above 500 bhp, otherwise sorta wasting your money, by allmeans if your fitting bigger valves and higher lifting cams then it would be worthwhile
    vulnax
    vulnax

Post  vulnax Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:55 pm

Understood.

I's funny, for some of the usual engine build mods like lighter pullies & flywheel, cams, 14mm head studs etc. I am told are not needed at this level by several of the tuners!!
    And thats a 450+ build ( sc46 turbo ) !!

And yes, even CNCheads article says the STi heads flow very well ( less so on exhaust ).

Not after a 500+ monster as it's a daily driver so needs to be docile in towns, country lanes, dual carriageways etc.

Perhaps I need a rethink of what to do...

Still fancy those heads tho!!! pirat
    Rob
    Rob

Post  Rob Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:04 pm

vulnax wrote:Understood.

I's funny, for some of the usual engine build mods like lighter pullies & flywheel, cams, 14mm head studs etc. I am told are not needed at this level by several of the tuners!!
    And thats a 450+ build ( sc46 turbo ) !!

And yes, even CNCheads article says the STi heads flow very well ( less so on exhaust ).

Not after a 500+ monster as it's a daily driver so needs to be docile in towns, country lanes, dual carriageways etc.

Perhaps I need a rethink of what to do...

Still fancy those heads tho!!! pirat

Those arnt needed for that level of power. 14mm wrc stud conversion does seem overkill especially when 11mm works just as well, lighter pulleys and flywheels basically reduce the force required to turn so in theory reduces the rotation mass so to speak. only issue's running those is pulling up to road junctions the engine could have issues retaining a steady idle speed.

Yes I agree the heads do look very tasty, but for what its worth you'd be better investing in higher lift cams/valve's & springs for the head.

Paul666
    Paul666

Post  Paul666 Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:51 am

Tony, Mick,
    Neil and myself have got our names down for the SN GB for the Bob Rawle remap, either of you interested in this?

Paul.
    Tone Loc
    Tone Loc

Post  Tone Loc Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:01 am

To be honest Bob wasn't at the top of my list. I'm guessing this would be a pure road map too with no rolling road set up? I'd rather have a set up on the rollers and refined on the road. Pure road mapping doesn't fill me with confidence as unless you have a runway for a dual carriage way near where you live with guarantee of no Police then you'd never get above 3rd gear for full throttle red line runs. If my car goes on track i'd want to be sure the areas of the map i'd explore at maximum attack ( Wink ) have also been adjusted and mapped during the mapping session which i can't see happening on the road (safely).

I know all the mappers will have base maps but where have the base maps come from.... road or rollers or combo of the two?

Or am i just being stupid. LOL
    mickp

Post  mickp Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:59 am

Paul

I am not ready for mapping yet. Need at least two months before bits are sorted.

Mick
    vulnax
    vulnax

Post  vulnax Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:00 pm

As you no doubt know Tony, there has been a whole hose of debate on road mapping vs rollers mapping ( even if polished up on the road ).

Yes, need a quiet road but not silly speeds... OK so no 6750 rpm in 5th or 6th...

If Bob or AndyF or who ever come to us it would be road mapping.

Others do rollers and maybe then road finishing, so could I expect red line in all gears.
    But I don't think that's how it works??

V

Tone Loc wrote:To be honest Bob wasn't at the top of my list. I'm guessing this would be a pure road map too with no rolling road set up? I'd rather have a set up on the rollers and refined on the road. Pure road mapping doesn't fill me with confidence as unless you have a runway for a dual carriage way near where you live with guarantee of no Police then you'd never get above 3rd gear for full throttle red line runs. If my car goes on track i'd want to be sure the areas of the map i'd explore at maximum attack ( Wink ) have also been adjusted and mapped during the mapping session which i can't see happening on the road (safely).

I know all the mappers will have base maps but where have the base maps come from.... road or rollers or combo of the two?

Or am i just being stupid. LOL
    Tone Loc
    Tone Loc

Post  Tone Loc Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:15 pm

LOL... there has been the odd debate Wink

Is there any quiet roads left that plod don't know about, for me none jump to mind with my old 'performance test' strips frequented at least a few times a month by a white van with cameras sticking out the back :-( . Its for that reason i've not had chance of doing a delta dash road dyno. Getting caught doing over 100mph (if using 4th) in a 50 and suddenly the remap is of little use.

I think i maybe being a little soft but from experience of mapping my own cars (way back in the day on a LinkEcu and then Apexi PFC) i could never get to traverse into the same cells of the map as would be experienced when on track (well maybe not the Link as it had bugger all cells LOL). You could try a bit of left foot braking to get the load up buts its a bit artificial. So these had to be very safely mapped (or should i say guessed) to give comfort in these cells. The beauty of the rolling road is you can get the car in any cell on the map, the trick is traversing through the sites the way you would on road/track. That's where the road refinement comes in i'd suspect. Maybe with the OEM ecu you can get the load high enough in the lower gears to get into the furthest cells and with vast knowledge the mappers have of these engines nowadays and a bit of map smoothing get a very good map.

Basically i tinkered with mapping my old cars a bit and as always a little knowledge is dangerous. So i best shut up and stop thinking out loud/talking crap and just get my map done by Bob etc on the road (does Andrew C not have access to EcuTek anymore?).

How soon are you having the map done and any tips on the roads to map on?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:26 am