Impreza GR Series (2008+)

Welcome to the Subaru Hatch Forums, please log in...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Subaru Hatch Forums, please log in...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion Forums for the Subaru Impreza Hatch.

Latest topics

» Shame some spammer got on here!
Dump valve fitted now a problem !!!  Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:04 pm by vulnax

» Anti roll bar sizes on Sti / 330S
Dump valve fitted now a problem !!!  Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:13 am by vulnax

» 2008-on Rear RED overlays
Dump valve fitted now a problem !!!  Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:47 am by salsa-king

» UBot Studio Cracked 3.00086 Free 1
Dump valve fitted now a problem !!!  Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:51 pm by xymonneco

» Tf2 Naked Models Gmod.zip
Dump valve fitted now a problem !!!  Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:29 pm by xymonneco

» Download Windows 8 Sl 64 Bit Iso
Dump valve fitted now a problem !!!  Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:28 pm by xymonneco

» Desi Students Fun-8 Mins-Hindi Audio XXx(www.mastitorrents.com)
Dump valve fitted now a problem !!!  Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:13 am by xymonneco

» Rclicker-setup
Dump valve fitted now a problem !!!  Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:44 pm by xymonneco

» Internet Download Manager 5.18 (PreCracked)
Dump valve fitted now a problem !!!  Icon_minitime1Thu May 29, 2014 6:07 pm by xymonneco

Navigation

Affiliates

Rclicker-setup

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:42 pm by xymonneco

Rclicker-setup
http://tinyurl.com/ktt6dgy

Cucu Bilal Full 3gp

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:57 am by xymonneco

Cucu Bilal Full 3gp
tinyurl.com/ob68lca

Www Sexy Videos Download Com

Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:54 pm by xymonneco

Www Sexy Videos Download Com > tinyurl.com/qze2wkc

Whatsapp Jar File For Mobile Lg Cookie Plus Gs500.rar

Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:13 pm by xymonneco

Whatsapp Jar File For Mobile Lg Cookie Plus Gs500.rar > tinyurl.com/om7bj72

Subaru Isle of Man Record attempt

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:44 am by Bensonsti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFlSG9_Ue4A&feature=related

4 posters

Dump valve fitted now a problem !!!

Adventure boy
    Adventure boy

Dump valve fitted now a problem !!!  Empty Dump valve fitted now a problem !!!

Post  Adventure boy Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:31 pm

Bought a new Forge dump valve and fitted it today, it seems to whoosh at quite low revs but driving home and as soon as you change from 1st to 2nd im getting a loud pop from the exhaust and then when dipping the clutch to coast to a stop the car almost stalls

Sounds like an air leak to me but couldnt find anything on inspection, this never happened to the last Scoobys ive put them on anyone got any Ideas please
    vulnax
    vulnax

Dump valve fitted now a problem !!!  Empty Re: Dump valve fitted now a problem !!!

Post  vulnax Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:30 pm

Would that be a vent to atmosphere Forge dump valve?

It upsets the fuelling as you lose the air the ECU has alrady measured so rich / fuel in the exhaust.

If it's the recirc one then yes, sounds like an air leak.
    Adventure boy
    Adventure boy

Dump valve fitted now a problem !!!  Empty Re: Dump valve fitted now a problem !!!

Post  Adventure boy Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:41 pm

Its a VTA Forge one mate took it off Friday car is fine
    Fitted a AEM induction kit on Saturday, now that was worth fitting sounds nice and feels like the car runs free worth the £155 from Ebay
    MonsterEnergy

Post  MonsterEnergy Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:49 am

Adventure boy wrote:Its a VTA Forge one mate took it off Friday car is fine
    Fitted a AEM induction kit on Saturday, now that was worth fitting sounds nice and feels like the car runs free worth the £155 from Ebay

I hope ye got yer engine remapped to suit the induction kit?

Otherwise you could be heading for serious problems real quick. If not, I'd drive off boost just now and get it mapped asap.
    Adventure boy
    Adventure boy

Post  Adventure boy Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:03 am

problems in what way mate ??
    MonsterEnergy

Post  MonsterEnergy Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:58 am

Adventure boy wrote:problems in what way mate ??

If ye fit CAI and don't get mapped to suit - your car will probably run lean due to the extra air flow. Running lean will eventually lead to knock and bottom end failure.

There's a few opinions either way - but with the hatch's 2.5 block - I think better safe than sorry.

See SIDC thread which highlights some of the issues of not mapping.

SIDC CAI Thread
    Adventure boy
    Adventure boy

Post  Adventure boy Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:19 am

Not exactly a damming report for having to be mapped Im going to get the car mapped anyway but not yet, ive got a Catback system on it and the Ind kit ill get a better fuel pump fitted and then get it done

Just a poing ive had cais,s on my last 3 Subaru's and never had any of then mapped the last one My Hawkeye I had and did 70K with it with no problems at all that had one fitted a middle decat, dump valve and was all good

but your right about being safe rather than sorry engine rebuild V Remap I know what id rather pay for lol
    vulnax
    vulnax

Post  vulnax Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:33 pm

Running lean means hotter flame front / burn so melted pistons.

Knock and possible bottom end damage from that ( shock loading rods onto bearings may break oil film ) more likely due to too advanced timing... not sure lean mixtures cause pre-ignition / det / knock ...

The AEM CAIK alters the scaling of the air flow so the MAF / ECU don't accurately know what air it's getting, may be OK but may not, depends on individual engine / ecu / car / driver style.

Is worth getting it mapped in, try not to blast it in the mean time!
    Rob
    Rob

Post  Rob Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:42 pm

The AEM Induction kit is actually a tidy bit of kit & has a nifty air flow straightener fitted for the maf so almost all air has to be forced over it. so has been known to run quite well. However to get the best of these mods its best to have the Maf rescaled to suite during the mapping.

Forge vta I've never been a fan. what spring is fitted in it mate as that can have a detrimental effect on the running
    vulnax
    vulnax

Post  vulnax Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:54 pm

Yep, the AEM is rather good, I have one myself!

I ran it a few weeks before being **told** to get it mapped, took it off until mapping due.
    No problems either time I think, MAF / ECU may well have enough leeway to cope for a time...

Adventure boy
    Adventure boy

Post  Adventure boy Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:38 pm

CHeers For the replys guys the VTA has now been removed and sent back and a recirc one ordered so that should sort the problem the std one is back on the car now and its fine

Does anyone know a good mapper in the essex area that has been used id be greatfull, Ive contacted Andy Forrest but he is so far from me, need someone who is well respected for doing these cars dont just want a generic map loaded on

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:38 am