Impreza GR Series (2008+)

Welcome to the Subaru Hatch Forums, please log in...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Subaru Hatch Forums, please log in...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion Forums for the Subaru Impreza Hatch.

Latest topics

» Shame some spammer got on here!
Which powerflex/whiteline bushes have people fitted? Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:04 pm by vulnax

» Anti roll bar sizes on Sti / 330S
Which powerflex/whiteline bushes have people fitted? Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:13 am by vulnax

» 2008-on Rear RED overlays
Which powerflex/whiteline bushes have people fitted? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:47 am by salsa-king

» UBot Studio Cracked 3.00086 Free 1
Which powerflex/whiteline bushes have people fitted? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:51 pm by xymonneco

» Tf2 Naked Models Gmod.zip
Which powerflex/whiteline bushes have people fitted? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:29 pm by xymonneco

» Download Windows 8 Sl 64 Bit Iso
Which powerflex/whiteline bushes have people fitted? Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:28 pm by xymonneco

» Desi Students Fun-8 Mins-Hindi Audio XXx(www.mastitorrents.com)
Which powerflex/whiteline bushes have people fitted? Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:13 am by xymonneco

» Rclicker-setup
Which powerflex/whiteline bushes have people fitted? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:44 pm by xymonneco

» Internet Download Manager 5.18 (PreCracked)
Which powerflex/whiteline bushes have people fitted? Icon_minitime1Thu May 29, 2014 6:07 pm by xymonneco

Navigation

Affiliates

Rclicker-setup

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:42 pm by xymonneco

Rclicker-setup
http://tinyurl.com/ktt6dgy

Cucu Bilal Full 3gp

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:57 am by xymonneco

Cucu Bilal Full 3gp
tinyurl.com/ob68lca

Www Sexy Videos Download Com

Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:54 pm by xymonneco

Www Sexy Videos Download Com > tinyurl.com/qze2wkc

Whatsapp Jar File For Mobile Lg Cookie Plus Gs500.rar

Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:13 pm by xymonneco

Whatsapp Jar File For Mobile Lg Cookie Plus Gs500.rar > tinyurl.com/om7bj72

Subaru Isle of Man Record attempt

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:44 am by Bensonsti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFlSG9_Ue4A&feature=related

5 posters

Which powerflex/whiteline bushes have people fitted?

Tone Loc
    Tone Loc

Which powerflex/whiteline bushes have people fitted? Empty Which powerflex/whiteline bushes have people fitted?

Post  Tone Loc Sun May 08, 2011 6:28 am

Think i've finally decided to plump for some Eibach springs which i'll fit myself. Soon after i think i'll take the long trip down the motorway to get the alignment done by Litchfield as i want their PAS revalve doing. But before i get the alignment done what bushes are people recommending which need an alignment afterwards... want to get these bits done in one go then add other items that don't need an alignment progressively after (ARBs etc).

I don't want to increase the NVH ideally so not interested in going too silly.

Tony.
    StanS

Which powerflex/whiteline bushes have people fitted? Empty Re: Which powerflex/whiteline bushes have people fitted?

Post  StanS Sun May 08, 2011 11:01 am

Have a chat with Iain Litcho about the Type 25 set-up and go for as much of that as you can. He's spent the time and money developing/testing the suspension on the Hatch so I'd go with that - in fact I did Very Happy
    mickp

Which powerflex/whiteline bushes have people fitted? Empty Re: Which powerflex/whiteline bushes have people fitted?

Post  mickp Sun May 08, 2011 11:08 pm

Had the Powerflex rear sub-frame insert kit in my shed for four months Embarassed Embarassed

Will fit it one of these days Laughing
    Rheid

Post  Rheid Mon May 09, 2011 3:59 am

Tone Loc wrote:Think i've finally decided to plump for some Eibach springs which i'll fit myself. Soon after i think i'll take the long trip down the motorway to get the alignment done by Litchfield as i want their PAS revalve doing. But before i get the alignment done what bushes are people recommending which need an alignment afterwards... want to get these bits done in one go then add other items that don't need an alignment progressively after (ARBs etc).

I don't want to increase the NVH ideally so not interested in going too silly.

Tony.

When I bought my car 2 odd years ago I spoke to Iain L about handling upgrades and as I didn't want to go coilover he recommended WL steering rack bush kit, rear subframe insert kit and rear 22mm braced ARB - car was already on Prodrive springs. I was slightly sceptical that only doing that would make much difference but happy to report I was wrong! Quite honestly felt like a different car - in a very good way. In fact since then I've not felt the need to do anything else.

HTH, Neil
    Tone Loc
    Tone Loc

Post  Tone Loc Mon May 09, 2011 5:27 am

I was definately going to get the steering rack kit but seems the rear subframe insert is one i should get too. Neil, no antilift kits (WL or Powerflex) were recommended then? Did you also get the power steering revalved?

Mick.... get it installed!

I may just pick one of Ian's off the shelf kits, fast road or handling... Text from Ian's site:

MY08+ Subaru Impreza WRX and STI Handling packages

Following the successful development of the Litchfield Type-20 we are able to offer a number of improvements to the UK versions of the latest Impreza STI. These changes are aimed at providing the driver with more steering feel and chassis composure without losing any of the ride quality. The improvements to the 2009 and latest 2010 Type-20 have also seen changes to our handling kit specifications.

Fast Road Pack - £295 Inc. vat
    • Up-rated rear anti roll bar
      Revised steering feel
      4 Wheel laser alignment with fast road settings

Handling Pack - £695 Inc. vat
    • As per the fast pack but adds
      Revised sub frame and chassis bush kit
      Litchfield Front Strut Brace
      Labour to install

2010 Type-20 Chassis package - £2,765 Inc. vat
    • As per the Handling pack but adds
      AST adjustable dampers with 2010 Type-20 internals
      AST adjustable top mounts
      Up-rated front anti roll bar
      Labour to install

We would also recommend switching away from the standard issue 17” Bridgestone tyres and moving to the superior Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrical, Verdestien Setanta, Continental Sport Contact3 or Dunlop SP600 tyres.
    Rheid

Post  Rheid Mon May 09, 2011 6:37 am

No ALK recommended, IIRC the hatch apparently doesn't benefit as much from ALK as the earlier models. From recent reading on the US forums I'm not sure I'd want an ALK anyway. I've read quite a few reports now about the PF kit failing completely in short order and also same issues with the WL V1 (although V2 seems to be a bit better). However, from what I've read, both require regular maintenance i.e. stripping down and regreasing which frankly would be a PITA!

I didn't get the power steering mod done as travelling from Edinburgh to Tewkesbury for it was not worth it. I've now got a Group N rack fitted which has taken care of any feel issues. Cool

Cheers, Neil
    Paul666
    Paul666

Post  Paul666 Mon May 09, 2011 8:37 am

Rheid wrote:No ALK recommended, IIRC the hatch apparently doesn't benefit as much from ALK as the earlier models. From recent reading on the US forums I'm not sure I'd want an ALK anyway. I've read quite a few reports now about the PF kit failing completely in short order and also same issues with the WL V1 (although V2 seems to be a bit better). However, from what I've read, both require regular maintenance i.e. stripping down and regreasing which frankly would be a PITA!

I didn't get the power steering mod done as travelling from Edinburgh to Tewkesbury for it was not worth it. I've now got a Group N rack fitted which has taken care of any feel issues. Cool

Cheers, Neil

I've fitted the WL ALK and found it made a big difference without any other mods, no problems in the last two years. Now have bars and drop links front & rear and a front top brace top. Still to go on bottom brace, rack bushes and rear subframe.

How did you go on with the issues around the rack, was it the JDM quick rack you fitted?

Paul.
    Rheid

Post  Rheid Mon May 09, 2011 9:10 am

Paul666 wrote:I've fitted the WL ALK and found it made a big difference without any other mods, no problems in the last two years. Now have bars and drop links front & rear and a front top brace top. Still to go on bottom brace, rack bushes and rear subframe.

How did you go on with the issues around the rack, was it the JDM quick rack you fitted?

Paul.

I agree, for every negative you read about a product there's probably 10 others who have nothing but good things to say about it, they just haven't posted their positive feedback on the 'net. What did you find the benefits were of the ALK?

As far as I'm aware the RHD Group N rack is the same as the JDM quick rack - mine came off a new N14 that was being converted to LHD. My issues are still ongoing but should have a few new components to try soon which will hopefully be the end of it. In the meantime I just have to remember to switch off VDC when pushing on a bit. Forgetting to do so can honestly scare the pants off you - as Rob can testify to! affraid

Cheers, Neil

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:16 am