Impreza GR Series (2008+)

Welcome to the Subaru Hatch Forums, please log in...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Subaru Hatch Forums, please log in...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion Forums for the Subaru Impreza Hatch.

Latest topics

» Shame some spammer got on here!
Mudflaps - alternatives to Rally Armor? Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:04 pm by vulnax

» Anti roll bar sizes on Sti / 330S
Mudflaps - alternatives to Rally Armor? Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:13 am by vulnax

» 2008-on Rear RED overlays
Mudflaps - alternatives to Rally Armor? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:47 am by salsa-king

» UBot Studio Cracked 3.00086 Free 1
Mudflaps - alternatives to Rally Armor? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:51 pm by xymonneco

» Tf2 Naked Models Gmod.zip
Mudflaps - alternatives to Rally Armor? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:29 pm by xymonneco

» Download Windows 8 Sl 64 Bit Iso
Mudflaps - alternatives to Rally Armor? Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:28 pm by xymonneco

» Desi Students Fun-8 Mins-Hindi Audio XXx(www.mastitorrents.com)
Mudflaps - alternatives to Rally Armor? Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:13 am by xymonneco

» Rclicker-setup
Mudflaps - alternatives to Rally Armor? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:44 pm by xymonneco

» Internet Download Manager 5.18 (PreCracked)
Mudflaps - alternatives to Rally Armor? Icon_minitime1Thu May 29, 2014 6:07 pm by xymonneco

Navigation

Affiliates

Rclicker-setup

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:42 pm by xymonneco

Rclicker-setup
http://tinyurl.com/ktt6dgy

Cucu Bilal Full 3gp

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:57 am by xymonneco

Cucu Bilal Full 3gp
tinyurl.com/ob68lca

Www Sexy Videos Download Com

Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:54 pm by xymonneco

Www Sexy Videos Download Com > tinyurl.com/qze2wkc

Whatsapp Jar File For Mobile Lg Cookie Plus Gs500.rar

Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:13 pm by xymonneco

Whatsapp Jar File For Mobile Lg Cookie Plus Gs500.rar > tinyurl.com/om7bj72

Subaru Isle of Man Record attempt

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:44 am by Bensonsti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFlSG9_Ue4A&feature=related

5 posters

Mudflaps - alternatives to Rally Armor?

Rheid

Mudflaps - alternatives to Rally Armor? Empty Mudflaps - alternatives to Rally Armor?

Post  Rheid Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:58 am

Anybody got experience of mudflaps other than the Rally Armor ones?

Been looking at the ones sold by Evobits: Here

And by Performance Creations: Here and here

Any first hand experience / thoughts / other options?

Thanks, Neil
    Abx
    Abx

Mudflaps - alternatives to Rally Armor? Empty Re: Mudflaps - alternatives to Rally Armor?

Post  Abx Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:32 am

Had PC ones on my old Hawk and for the money (about £60) they were pretty good, good quality stainless brackets, did not fade and range of stickers were good, and IIRC I had an issue with the stickers (cannot remember what) and they posted some news ones out free of charge, good customer service.

Only thing I was not too keen on was the ones I had were a little floppy, in the end I ordered some precut Kaylan from KD engineering and used the old ones as templates, job done and the Kaylan material is spot on. They now do Kaylan so I'd go for that rather than the cheapers PU ones.

Cheaper ones
    Mudflaps - alternatives to Rally Armor? IMG_1515

Kaylan, so PC ones should be similar.
    Mudflaps - alternatives to Rally Armor? P1020154
    Rob
    Rob

Mudflaps - alternatives to Rally Armor? Empty Re: Mudflaps - alternatives to Rally Armor?

Post  Rob Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:14 pm

Neil Will give you a ring tomorrow after work, I couldnt answer earlier due to being in the middle of a turbo and intercooler upgrade on a hawkeye
    Rheid

Post  Rheid Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:59 am

Abz wrote:Had PC ones on my old Hawk and for the money (about £60) they were pretty good, good quality stainless brackets, did not fade and range of stickers were good, and IIRC I had an issue with the stickers (cannot remember what) and they posted some news ones out free of charge, good customer service.

Only thing I was not too keen on was the ones I had were a little floppy, in the end I ordered some precut Kaylan from KD engineering and used the old ones as templates, job done and the Kaylan material is spot on. They now do Kaylan so I'd go for that rather than the cheapers PU ones.

Thanks Abz,

What have you got on your hatch? RAs by any chance?

Think I may just get the RAs myself, I like the 'no drilling required' thing which none of the others offer.

TBH, my main problem with the RAs is the logo and no option to have them without. Can the logo be removed? I just want plain black flaps.

Also don't like the fact that the ones I've seen fitted don't seem to hug the profile of the wheel arches particularly well. That just down to fitting?

Cheers, Neil
    Rheid

Post  Rheid Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:01 am

Rob wrote:Neil Will give you a ring tomorrow after work, I couldnt answer earlier due to being in the middle of a turbo and intercooler upgrade on a hawkeye

Do you ever stop Rob? lol!

Talk to you this evening.

Cheers, Neil
    Abx
    Abx

Post  Abx Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:14 am

No worries.

Yes have RA's on mine.
    Drilling, on my V1's I had to pop one hole on the rear subframe to hold the inner part of the flap in, I think though on the V2's they may have addressed this.
    Logo is actually quite descreet but cannot be removed as its printed on, black with red you hardly notice it from standing and the black with grey would be even less visable.
    Fitting, the fronts do not hug perfectly but TBH its ok, I'm really picky and am happy but have considered a silicon bead but decided against it.

Couple of pics of mine, best I have to show the flaps!
    Mudflaps - alternatives to Rally Armor? Eda3c5c8
    Mudflaps - alternatives to Rally Armor? P1040862
    Mudflaps - alternatives to Rally Armor? P1030760
    Mudflaps - alternatives to Rally Armor? P1030259
    Mudflaps - alternatives to Rally Armor? P1030261
    Rheid

Post  Rheid Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:42 am

Thanks for the additional pics Abz. The pic of the front arch is exactly my issue with the RAs. Hmmmm, pros outweigh the cons in this case I think.

Cheers, Neil
    StrikE
    StrikE

Post  StrikE Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:06 pm

Just fitted these last week but the V2 look like they fit a lot better than the V1, you can't buy the V1 now from RA only the V2

I like them but cost $270 including the duty and import tax, get what you pay for & i like the bracketing system on he RA flaps

Took this picture tonight so excuse the dirt Smile
    Mudflaps - alternatives to Rally Armor? IMG_0135
    vulnax
    vulnax

Post  vulnax Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:59 pm

I got the ones form Evobits, good price ( £80 odd if I recall ), seem quite sturdy and got a fitting kit with them, but not fitted yet and had the 4 months!

Not a great fan of flaps, but my 2008 STi got quite a lot of stone chips to the back arches... only had a little armourfend film on it .. so I ordred some of these ... but the 330S has lots more armourfend film on the lower back corner of the back doors and wheelarch which seems to work ...

Rheid

Post  Rheid Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:21 pm

vulnax wrote:
    I got the ones form Evobits, good price ( £80 odd if I recall ), seem quite sturdy and got a fitting kit with them, but not fitted yet and had the 4 months!

Not a great fan of flaps, but my 2008 STi got quite a lot of stone chips to the back arches... only had a little armourfend film on it .. so I ordred some of these ... but the 330S has lots more armourfend film on the lower back corner of the back doors and wheelarch which seems to work ...

Any chance you could post up a couple of pics of what you get in the kit? It's not too clear from their website, looks like there's only brackets for the front and a bag of self tappers?

Thanks, Neil

vulnax
    vulnax

Post  vulnax Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:01 pm

I'll get them out and photo them when it's light.

Yes there is a big bag of screws / self tappers, I think they said they screw to the inner liner ... so maybe no brackets at all???

I'll see tomorrow.

Nah, brave the weather!

The flaps are polyurethane, rather flexible, about 5-6mm thick in black, with STi logo.

2 rear flaps
    2 front flaps
    Bag of selftappers, and some nuts&bolts and washers.
    2 brackets - not sure where they go!!

Mudflaps - alternatives to Rally Armor? IMG_0006-1

Mudflaps - alternatives to Rally Armor? IMG_0008-1

Hopethat helps.

Anyone know where to put the brackets!!!
    Abx
    Abx

Post  Abx Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:39 pm

You have take off the wing trim from the STI badge down and these bolt onto the inner wing between the wing trim and liner, hope that makes sense!
    Abx
    Abx

Post  Abx Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:37 am

Ok, whilst cleaning the car today I had a look at the fit of the front flaps, seems mine were not flush in the main due to a build up of mud and grime behind the large bracket in the pic above, this led to them being pushed out and therefore pushing the flap away from the arch, now cleaned up they sit much better, it was solid behind them mixed with stones.

May still consider a blob of silicon/adhesive to get it really close but looks miles better.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:26 pm