Impreza GR Series (2008+)

Welcome to the Subaru Hatch Forums, please log in...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Subaru Hatch Forums, please log in...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion Forums for the Subaru Impreza Hatch.

Latest topics

» Shame some spammer got on here!
Air Con/climate control Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:04 pm by vulnax

» Anti roll bar sizes on Sti / 330S
Air Con/climate control Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:13 am by vulnax

» 2008-on Rear RED overlays
Air Con/climate control Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:47 am by salsa-king

» UBot Studio Cracked 3.00086 Free 1
Air Con/climate control Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:51 pm by xymonneco

» Tf2 Naked Models Gmod.zip
Air Con/climate control Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:29 pm by xymonneco

» Download Windows 8 Sl 64 Bit Iso
Air Con/climate control Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:28 pm by xymonneco

» Desi Students Fun-8 Mins-Hindi Audio XXx(www.mastitorrents.com)
Air Con/climate control Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:13 am by xymonneco

» Rclicker-setup
Air Con/climate control Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:44 pm by xymonneco

» Internet Download Manager 5.18 (PreCracked)
Air Con/climate control Icon_minitime1Thu May 29, 2014 6:07 pm by xymonneco

Navigation

Affiliates

Rclicker-setup

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:42 pm by xymonneco

Rclicker-setup
http://tinyurl.com/ktt6dgy

Cucu Bilal Full 3gp

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:57 am by xymonneco

Cucu Bilal Full 3gp
tinyurl.com/ob68lca

Www Sexy Videos Download Com

Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:54 pm by xymonneco

Www Sexy Videos Download Com > tinyurl.com/qze2wkc

Whatsapp Jar File For Mobile Lg Cookie Plus Gs500.rar

Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:13 pm by xymonneco

Whatsapp Jar File For Mobile Lg Cookie Plus Gs500.rar > tinyurl.com/om7bj72

Subaru Isle of Man Record attempt

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:44 am by Bensonsti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFlSG9_Ue4A&feature=related

4 posters

Air Con/climate control

renny
    renny

Air Con/climate control Empty Air Con/climate control

Post  renny Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:29 am

Anyone had/having any problems with theirs?

Noticed the other day,after the engine had warmed up that even on the lowest heater setting (17 degrees) I was still getting relatively warmish air through.tried the air con and made very little difference- was like it wasn't working.

Had it at the dealer today who confirmed the problem (engine/engine bay still warm)-they re-charged the air con (even though it didn't need it-it was showing as full on their machine).Tested it and it was ok - driving home,engine warm again and exact same thing happened!!

Two things here......

1 - Air con not working when engine and engine bay warm.

2 - I'm not convinced it's blowing cool enough air through when air-con not on and set to the lowest setting - my Hawkeye would of been like a bleeding igloo if I'd tried this with it.

Any ideas anyone?? Sad
    Abx
    Abx

Air Con/climate control Empty Re: Air Con/climate control

Post  Abx Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:50 am

Mine has done this, was it pretty cold outside (sub 5), only happened the once but tried to put air con on when it was pretty cold outside and all I got was warm air coming through no matter waht I pressed, really confused me at the time but think that there must be some sensor that at a certain temp stops low temp air con coming through to the cabin.

Keep and eye on it and the outside temp as since the weather has warmed up mine has been fine.

A
    renny
    renny

Post  renny Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:54 am

Abz wrote:Mine has done this, was it pretty cold outside (sub 5), only happened the once but tried to put air con on when it was pretty cold outside and all I got was warm air coming through no matter waht I pressed, really confused me at the time but think that there must be some sensor that at a certain temp stops low temp air con coming through to the cabin.

Keep and eye on it and the outside temp as since the weather has warmed up mine has been fine.

A

It was around 4 degrees.This was exactly what I thought as well but according to the manual the air-con should work above 0 degrees?

Also can't understand why it was ok when engine cool and car at a standstill.
    Abx
    Abx

Post  Abx Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:04 am

I wonder if its windchill, at standstill at 4 degrees the sensor will read 4 degrees, on the move this could be well below zero, would have hoped Subaru took this into consideration but perhaps not!
    renny
    renny

Post  renny Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:42 am

Abz wrote:I wonder if its windchill, at standstill at 4 degrees the sensor will read 4 degrees, on the move this could be well below zero, would have hoped Subaru took this into consideration but perhaps not!

Perhaps-hope it's something as simple as that!

Is the sensor not advanced enough to pick wind chill up and then post the temperature up accordingly onto the instrument display (assuming it's the same sensor!!)
    RB5 286
    RB5 286
    Admin

Post  RB5 286 Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:49 pm

try hold the left hand dial in for a few seconds, you will see the light flash a couple of times, this is now in manual mode and should let you control the temps better. ignition off will reset it back to auto again or holding in the dial again.
    Rheid

Post  Rheid Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:32 pm

renny wrote:Anyone had/having any problems with theirs?

Noticed the other day,after the engine had warmed up that even on the lowest heater setting (17 degrees) I was still getting relatively warmish air through.tried the air con and made very little difference- was like it wasn't working.

I've got exactly the same problem. Makes no difference how much button pushing/holding I do or if the AC is on or not. On full cold it's cold but from 17 to max it ranges from very hot to Swedish sauna!

Mentioned it to dealer last week and it's not a problem they've come across before but did suggest it might be the air mix actuator playing up. They said they were going to contact Subaru UK tech to see if they could shed any light - which reminds me, I must phone them tomorrow for an update Rolling Eyes .
    Rheid

Post  Rheid Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:57 am

Spoken to dealer this morning who in turn have spoken to Subaru UK tech. No known issues with the Impreza but there is a known issue with the Legacy and as the parts are essentially the same this will be what gets checked first.

The issue is the "in vehicle temp sensor" located behind the grill to the left of the steering column. There is a hose attached to it which if blocked/split/detached etc can cause all manner of erratic heat output.

Car's booked in next Wednesday for the initial diagnostic and fingers crossed it's as simple as that. I'll post up the results.
    renny
    renny

Post  renny Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:49 am

Rheid wrote:Spoken to dealer this morning who in turn have spoken to Subaru UK tech. No known issues with the Impreza but there is a known issue with the Legacy and as the parts are essentially the same this will be what gets checked first.

The issue is the "in vehicle temp sensor" located behind the grill to the left of the steering column. There is a hose attached to it which if blocked/split/detached etc can cause all manner of erratic heat output.

Car's booked in next Wednesday for the initial diagnostic and fingers crossed it's as simple as that. I'll post up the results.

Thanks Rheid - that's very helpful.Keep us updated.

Got mine booked in next Tuesday so I will pass this info onto the dealer. Wink
    Rheid

Post  Rheid Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:36 am

renny wrote:

Ok, small update. Unfotunately had to cancel taking the car into the dealers as something cropped up that took priority so no further info from that end.

However, what I've been doing since I posted about this last week is monitoring the interior temperature using, of all things, a battery powered baby monitor with room temp thermometer built in - probably not 100% accurate but close enough to be useful. Anyway, it would appear that maybe all is well, across the scale the monitored interior temp is within 0.5 deg of what the temp dial is set to. The odd thing is it still "feels" much warmer than it would actually appear to be and even with the dial set to 17 it's still warm air blowing. I'm going to try using a more acurate mercury thermometer and see what the results are from that before re-booking into dealers.
    renny
    renny

Post  renny Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:24 am

Rheid wrote:
    renny wrote:

Ok, small update. Unfotunately had to cancel taking the car into the dealers as something cropped up that took priority so no further info from that end.

However, what I've been doing since I posted about this last week is monitoring the interior temperature using, of all things, a battery powered baby monitor with room temp thermometer built in - probably not 100% accurate but close enough to be useful. Anyway, it would appear that maybe all is well, across the scale the monitored interior temp is within 0.5 deg of what the temp dial is set to. The odd thing is it still "feels" much warmer than it would actually appear to be and even with the dial set to 17 it's still warm air blowing. I'm going to try using a more acurate mercury thermometer and see what the results are from that before re-booking into dealers.

Cheers mate,unfortunately I had to cancel yesterday as well- what effect does your air-con have though.You should still 'feel' the air con when it is set in manual,mine seems to have no effect at times.
    Rheid

Post  Rheid Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:12 am

renny wrote:Cheers mate,unfortunately I had to cancel yesterday as well- what effect does your air-con have though.You should still 'feel' the air con when it is set in manual,mine seems to have no effect at times.

All the testing I've done so far has been with AC on and everything set to Auto. It's a really time consuming business as it takes ages for a new temp setting to stabilise. Next stage is to test with AC on in manual mode.

However, if I'm correctly understanding the way the system works, then in theory it shouldn't make any difference whether the AC is on or not or whether it's in manual or auto mode. It's still reading the same temp sensors and adjusting/regulating air flow through the matrix accordingly. It would appear that the only point in the AC being on is if the outide ambient air temp is higher than you want the interior to be and/or for de-humidifying.

More testing and research happening over the next few days.
    renny
    renny

Post  renny Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:24 am

Rheid wrote:
    renny wrote:Cheers mate,unfortunately I had to cancel yesterday as well- what effect does your air-con have though.You should still 'feel' the air con when it is set in manual,mine seems to have no effect at times.

All the testing I've done so far has been with AC on and everything set to Auto. It's a really time consuming business as it takes ages for a new temp setting to stabilise. Next stage is to test with AC on in manual mode.

However, if I'm correctly understanding the way the system works, then in theory it shouldn't make any difference whether the AC is on or not or whether it's in manual or auto mode. It's still reading the same temp sensors and adjusting/regulating air flow through the matrix accordingly. It would appear that the only point in the AC being on is if the outide ambient air temp is higher than you want the interior to be and/or for de-humidifying.

Did you manage to get your car in to be looked at?

Putting mine in for it's service next week and want them to have a look at mine but they've pretty much already told me they don't know what to look for!

Any help appreciated! Smile
    Rheid

Post  Rheid Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:26 am

renny wrote:
    Rheid wrote:

Putting mine in for it's service next week and want them to have a look at mine but they've pretty much already told me they don't know what to look for!

Sorry, meant to update sooner!

After exhaustively monitoring interior temps on all possible settings of auto, semi-auto and manual it would appear that mine is actually functioning as it should. To me, it still feels much warmer than it actually is but instruments don't lie - at least mercury thermometers don't!

What I have found makes a huge difference to the "feel" is if I don't have air directed at the windscreen. Must be something to do with warmish air blowing at head height that gives the warmer than it is illusion. Like you, even at 17 deg it's still warm air blowing but now that I no longer have it permanently directed at the screen I'm finding that 18 or 19 deg is comfortable even with a jacket on.

As I said before, it should make no difference to the interior temp control (regardless of whether the air con is on or off or auto/semi-auto/manual) as long as the outside air temp is lower than the target interior temp.

It may be completely different on your car and there may actually be a fault (although if there is a fault it should be present in all modes) but I would suggest you do a spot of DIY monitoring before giving it to the dealers - at least that way you'll have a baseline to work from.

I hope that's of some help!

Neil.
    renny
    renny

Post  renny Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:32 am

Rheid wrote:
    renny wrote:
    Rheid wrote:

Sorry, meant to update sooner!

After exhaustively monitoring interior temps on all possible settings of auto, semi-auto and manual it would appear that mine is actually functioning as it should. To me, it still feels much warmer than it actually is but instruments don't lie - at least mercury thermometers don't!

What I have found makes a huge difference to the "feel" is if I don't have air directed at the windscreen. Must be something to do with warmish air blowing at head height that gives the warmer than it is illusion. Like you, even at 17 deg it's still warm air blowing but now that I no longer have it permanently directed at the screen I'm finding that 18 or 19 deg is comfortable even with a jacket on.

As I said before, it should make no difference to the interior temp control (regardless of whether the air con is on or off or auto/semi-auto/manual) as long as the outside air temp is lower than the target interior temp.

It may be completely different on your car and there may actually be a fault (although if there is a fault it should be present in all modes) but I would suggest you do a spot of DIY monitoring before giving it to the dealers - at least that way you'll have a baseline to work from.

I hope that's of some help!

Neil.

Thanks Neil.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content