Impreza GR Series (2008+)

Welcome to the Subaru Hatch Forums, please log in...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Subaru Hatch Forums, please log in...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion Forums for the Subaru Impreza Hatch.

Latest topics

» Shame some spammer got on here!
The engine build begins at last .... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:04 pm by vulnax

» Anti roll bar sizes on Sti / 330S
The engine build begins at last .... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:13 am by vulnax

» 2008-on Rear RED overlays
The engine build begins at last .... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:47 am by salsa-king

» UBot Studio Cracked 3.00086 Free 1
The engine build begins at last .... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:51 pm by xymonneco

» Tf2 Naked Models Gmod.zip
The engine build begins at last .... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:29 pm by xymonneco

» Download Windows 8 Sl 64 Bit Iso
The engine build begins at last .... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:28 pm by xymonneco

» Desi Students Fun-8 Mins-Hindi Audio XXx(www.mastitorrents.com)
The engine build begins at last .... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:13 am by xymonneco

» Rclicker-setup
The engine build begins at last .... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:44 pm by xymonneco

» Internet Download Manager 5.18 (PreCracked)
The engine build begins at last .... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu May 29, 2014 6:07 pm by xymonneco

Navigation

Affiliates

Rclicker-setup

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:42 pm by xymonneco

Rclicker-setup
http://tinyurl.com/ktt6dgy

Cucu Bilal Full 3gp

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:57 am by xymonneco

Cucu Bilal Full 3gp
tinyurl.com/ob68lca

Www Sexy Videos Download Com

Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:54 pm by xymonneco

Www Sexy Videos Download Com > tinyurl.com/qze2wkc

Whatsapp Jar File For Mobile Lg Cookie Plus Gs500.rar

Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:13 pm by xymonneco

Whatsapp Jar File For Mobile Lg Cookie Plus Gs500.rar > tinyurl.com/om7bj72

Subaru Isle of Man Record attempt

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:44 am by Bensonsti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFlSG9_Ue4A&feature=related

+11
mickp
Mobius 1
Tone Loc
Manchester_Kris
urban
P4UL
vulnax
enginetuner
jaypSTI
Rob
StanS
15 posters

The engine build begins at last ....

Rob
    Rob

The engine build begins at last .... - Page 3 Empty Re: The engine build begins at last ....

Post  Rob Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:52 am

I'll stick with my gauges I think lol Laughing
    StanS

The engine build begins at last .... - Page 3 Empty Re: The engine build begins at last ....

Post  StanS Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:04 am

Still got to sort out why a few parameters aren't reading, but got pic to show Camp2 display.
    Can display 3 analog gauges and no digital instead of 1 gauge and 6 digital. Plus loads of options re min/max readings, log, warnings etc etc.....

The engine build begins at last .... - Page 3 P1020260

The engine build begins at last .... - Page 3 P1020266

Last edited by StanS on Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    mickp

Post  mickp Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:23 am

I am loving the display Stan. Been checking out the Camp 2.Am i right in thinking you need a seperate feed module to show boost ?
    StanS

Post  StanS Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:39 am

Cheers Mick Smile
    Yes - I got a boost sensor, oil pressure and oil temp sensor. Smile
    Manchester_Kris
    Manchester_Kris

Post  Manchester_Kris Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:49 am

Loving that Stan, great work Smile
    StanS

Post  StanS Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:10 pm

Cheers Kris Smile
    Got the i/f fitted by Enginetuner when he was doing the engine. All I've done is sort the handbrake fix and display hitch. Its not like I've done a major DIY job here !! lol!

Did you get your springs sorted ?
    What else is on the list ? Laughing
    Slippery slope !!!
    Manchester_Kris
    Manchester_Kris

Post  Manchester_Kris Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:23 pm

StanS wrote:Cheers Kris Smile
    Got the i/f fitted by Enginetuner when he was doing the engine. All I've done is sort the handbrake fix and display hitch. Its not like I've done a major DIY job here !! lol!

Slippery slope !!!

Did you mean my springs? If so, Eibachs are going on the car on sunday and im waiting for Whiteline front and rear ARB's and 4 point brace to arrive. If they come by sat, they will be going on too. Im going back to Blackpool on sat especially to collect them so they better arrive.

Then I want to look into which decat I should get so i won't need a remap straight away. Then look at a map in a few months. Oh and a panel filter.

Oh yeah, i really want some gauges !!!
    mickp

Post  mickp Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:13 pm

Big pat on the back deserved Stan. All them mods, all that power and still getting 53.1 MPG Shocked Shocked

What a car cheers cheers

Laughing Laughing
    Manchester_Kris
    Manchester_Kris

Post  Manchester_Kris Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:45 pm

mickp wrote:Big pat on the back deserved Stan. All them mods, all that power and still getting 53.1 MPG Shocked Shocked

What a car cheers cheers

Laughing Laughing

Ha ha :-). It's a dream machine !
    StanS

Post  StanS Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:50 pm

Manchester_Kris wrote:
    Slippery slope !!!

Did you mean my springs? If so, Eibachs are going on the car on sunday and im waiting for Whiteline front and rear ARB's and 4 point brace to arrive. If they come by sat, they will be going on too. Im going back to Blackpool on sat especially to collect them so they better arrive.
    Then I want to look into which decat I should get so i won't need a remap straight away. Then look at a map in a few months. Oh and a panel filter.

Should notice a big difference, especially if you get the tracking settings improved as well. Very Happy
    StanS

Post  StanS Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:54 pm

Manchester_Kris wrote:
    mickp wrote:Big pat on the back deserved Stan. All them mods, all that power and still getting 53.1 MPG Shocked Shocked

What a car cheers cheers

Laughing Laughing

Ha ha :-). It's a dream machine !

If only !! "53mpg" is due to the changed injectors not being recognised by the part of the ecu calculating the mpg. Cosworth model has the same problem and Ecutek are doing a fix...
    Actually getting almost as much as before (now 26-29mpg).
    Manchester_Kris
    Manchester_Kris

Post  Manchester_Kris Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:06 am

StanS wrote:
    Manchester_Kris wrote:
    Slippery slope !!!

Should notice a big difference, especially if you get the tracking settings improved as well. Very Happy

How would I go about doing that? Laser alignment?
    StanS

Post  StanS Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:19 am

Go to a very reputable place (like Iain Litchfield nr Tewkesbury - good excuse for a run out !)
    He has done so much development work on Scoobies esp the Hatch so he will give top advice and will set it all up for you. Why experiment with settings when he has done all the donkey work !! Very Happy

http://www.litchfieldimports.co.uk/
    Manchester_Kris
    Manchester_Kris

Post  Manchester_Kris Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:21 am

StanS wrote:Go to a very reputable place (like Iain Litchfield nr Tewkesbury - good excuse for a run out !)
    He has done so much development work on Scoobies esp the Hatch so he will give top advice and will set it all up for you. Why experiment with settings when he has done all the donkey work !! Very Happy

http://www.litchfieldimports.co.uk/

Cheers mate.
    StanS

The engine build begins at last .... - Page 3 Empty Update from Nov 5th. Massive thanks to Mervyn, Bob Rawle and Iain L

Post  StanS Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:32 am

Following up a few issues with the way the engine was running (seemed to be holding back), and to ensure the ecu was OK, Iain Litchfield, Bob Rawle and Mervyn from EcuTec met up at EcuTek and did a creditable immitation of the 3 witches around the cauldron in Macbeth Laughing

They looked at the ecu, map etc and discovered that one problem was that the engine sensor was detecting det when there was no det, and so pulling loads of timing. I think its called Phantom det (?). This had obviously affected Martyn's map. In order to take things further, and because maps are "locked", Bob did a new map.

There is a cunning plan to sort the phantom det out in the near future and Bob thinks that solving the phantom det could give another 20-30 BHP, without changing anything else!
    It drives really well - lots of response and the sort of go I was looking for. As always, there are a couple of questions I want to ask Iain on Monday about the turbo. Sorry Iain !! Embarassed

Massive thanks to Mervyn, Bob and Iain. Lets face it, if they couldn't solve this between them, nobody could !

Again, massive thanks to Alan Jefferies and Martyn at Enginetuner in Plympton for building the engine and putting the jigsaw of ancilliaries together - at times a real challenge Wink

Currently 457BHP at 1.3 bar and 460 ft-lbs at about 1.53 bar. There is more work to be done to see if further gains can be made e.g. bigger air filter, so this is the current situation. The aim is to try top get a good balance between the output and life of the engine, so "low" boost has got to help. It could be that the std cams are maxed out at this output, but I'm delighted to achieve this output with this boost and don't want to go much more, but its interesting to do a bit more if only for data collection purposes.

The engine build begins at last .... - Page 3 Nov5thatEcuTek

Last edited by StanS on Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:48 am; edited 2 times in total
    mickp

Post  mickp Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:45 pm

Great figures Stan at modest boost. Pleased the 3 wise men were able to get you back on track Very Happy
    A

The engine build begins at last .... - Page 3 Empty Stan and his rocket ship....

Post  A Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:33 pm

Hi Stan

Nearly there then mate.... what a journey.

So did Bob Rawle remap the car at ecutek HQ ? or can he get in to tweak Martyns map ? (didnt think they could).

FWIW Harvey Smith 'some time ago' advised me that the CAIK is 'possibly' a little restrictive after 400+ bhp.

His advice was a big RCM filter/ intake with a dog leg connector to get it all in. Presumed to produce more air + slightly better response.

A

PS. Having said all that jaySti's car made 457 on the sc60 with an AEM caik...
    A

Post  A Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:17 am

So is the phantom detonation - the dip on the graph at 5000k ?

A
    StanS

Post  StanS Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:45 am

Hi A
    They spent quite a bit of time with the mapping and sussing out what the probs were, with it aborting at 7krpm. Each map is "locked" (didn't realise) so Bob did a map.
    I assume the roller-coaster bits are where the timing is being cut, then restored then cut. Again, I don't know much about the map. I was sitting in reception, letting them get on with it !! Apart from being able to switch the lights on/off, I wouldn't have been able to add anything remotely constructive to the session Laughing
    When there is a bit more time (at the next session) I'll ask, as I am also interested in details Very Happy

If there is another 20-30 BHP appearing after the phantom knock is sorted, I think that would be the very top end of what most people think is a "safe" output for reasonable engine life, so I'd not be interested in fitting a bigger filter to get even more power -I'd only fit it if it made the current level more useable.

Last edited by StanS on Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:36 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : after thoughts)
    Rob
    Rob

Post  Rob Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:57 am

is the phantom det not just a bit of noise from the forged Pistons ??

Mine picked up some of this at around 5499 rpm so we stopped the ecu looking for det at that rpm.

but this wasnt the end of the issue as it comes onto boost it was picking up something but not det. so have had to do a slight mod to it to stop it picking up this frequency
    StanS

Post  StanS Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:32 pm

Hi Rob,
    Bob Rawle posted a tech reply here - post 666 (spooky!!! Shocked )
    http://bbs.scoobynet.com/753591-litchfield-twin-scroll-turbo-23.html

I expect it is to do with the different internals.

Will post progress as/when it happens bounce

Rob
    Rob

Post  Rob Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:00 pm

Hi Stan,

Your symptoms are exactly the same as I was experiencing in my own and it is to do with the internal componants Crying or Very sad to drive the car into the noise that the knock sensor picks up felt like you'd physically pulled your foot off the pedal it pulled so much timing back on the engine.

To rectify this was to either mount the sensor elsewhere or Fit a fibre washer under it and torque it back down to 27nm. but we also stopped the ecu hunting for det at 5.5k for a 100 rpm then switched it back on Shocked
    StanS

Post  StanS Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:50 pm

Cheers Rob ! Smile
    I'll pass it on.
    StanS

Post  StanS Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:45 pm

Just got back from Litchos. Had the AST adjustable top mounts and uprated front arb fitted, so suspension is now same as Hatch type 25/6
    Also had the 20k service done - brake/diff/g.box fluids replaced, etc
    Thanks Iain Very Happy
    Seems to be more responsive into corners but not had a chance to give it a try out driving back in the dark/wet/traffic etc Sad
    Awaiting an ecu fix for Phantom knock from Ecutek to finish the engine.
    mickp

Post  mickp Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:27 pm

Sounds awesome Stan.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:59 pm