Impreza GR Series (2008+)

Welcome to the Subaru Hatch Forums, please log in...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Subaru Hatch Forums, please log in...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion Forums for the Subaru Impreza Hatch.

Latest topics

» Shame some spammer got on here!
Sti 330S suspension development "project" - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:04 pm by vulnax

» Anti roll bar sizes on Sti / 330S
Sti 330S suspension development "project" - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:13 am by vulnax

» 2008-on Rear RED overlays
Sti 330S suspension development "project" - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:47 am by salsa-king

» UBot Studio Cracked 3.00086 Free 1
Sti 330S suspension development "project" - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:51 pm by xymonneco

» Tf2 Naked Models Gmod.zip
Sti 330S suspension development "project" - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:29 pm by xymonneco

» Download Windows 8 Sl 64 Bit Iso
Sti 330S suspension development "project" - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:28 pm by xymonneco

» Desi Students Fun-8 Mins-Hindi Audio XXx(www.mastitorrents.com)
Sti 330S suspension development "project" - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:13 am by xymonneco

» Rclicker-setup
Sti 330S suspension development "project" - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:44 pm by xymonneco

» Internet Download Manager 5.18 (PreCracked)
Sti 330S suspension development "project" - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 29, 2014 6:07 pm by xymonneco

Navigation

Affiliates

Rclicker-setup

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:42 pm by xymonneco

Rclicker-setup
http://tinyurl.com/ktt6dgy

Cucu Bilal Full 3gp

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:57 am by xymonneco

Cucu Bilal Full 3gp
tinyurl.com/ob68lca

Www Sexy Videos Download Com

Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:54 pm by xymonneco

Www Sexy Videos Download Com > tinyurl.com/qze2wkc

Whatsapp Jar File For Mobile Lg Cookie Plus Gs500.rar

Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:13 pm by xymonneco

Whatsapp Jar File For Mobile Lg Cookie Plus Gs500.rar > tinyurl.com/om7bj72

Subaru Isle of Man Record attempt

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:44 am by Bensonsti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFlSG9_Ue4A&feature=related

+5
Revolution
midichlorian
Paul666
Rob
vulnax
9 posters

Sti 330S suspension development "project"

vulnax
    vulnax

Sti 330S suspension development "project" - Page 2 Empty Re: Sti 330S suspension development "project"

Post  vulnax Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:33 pm

The above sexy STi bits are on there way - 2 parts are in coventry and on way to me, other is in the air from Japan!
    Revolution
    Revolution

Sti 330S suspension development "project" - Page 2 Empty Re: Sti 330S suspension development "project"

Post  Revolution Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:33 am

All looks excellent stuff as you would expect from STi - but why flexible surely losing the rigitity hence why your fitting them in the 1st place.

sure there must be a reason - just love to know what it is??

Glenn
    vulnax
    vulnax

Post  vulnax Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:21 pm

Glenn,

STi have put a rose joint in the cross bar apparently, which gives a little compliance in slow traffic / low load, but firms up when the load increases at speed or hard cornering.

So best of both worlds - good ride comfort and improved stiffness at speed.

I'll have a closer look when it arrives and put up a pic... and if I can find it again the STi blurb on the reason for it!!!

Neil
    Revolution
    Revolution

Post  Revolution Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:25 am

Hi Neil

All sounds very trick indeed!!
    vulnax
    vulnax

Post  vulnax Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:38 pm

The strut brace came today with the under side cross brace, and the crosmember support brace.

The strutbrace DOES have a ball joint / spherical bearing / pillow ball etc. ( what ever term you are used to ) in the middle. In the hands it wobbles about 30 degrees from straight ... BUT on the car it is tight between the mounts and will restrain any sideways forces as the strut mounts / turrets try to push in ( or pull outwards ) with suspension load... yet it seems to allow twisting forces as the inner wing / strut top mount(s) push upwards over bumps etc.

Town driving, couldn't feel any difference, have to have a play in the morning!

Other bits will go on with the rest of suspension bits!
    vulnax
    vulnax

Sti 330S suspension development "project" - Page 2 Empty change of plan with suspension sorting programme ...

Post  vulnax Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:17 pm

It's gone awry a little lately.

For whatever reason, the garage have not been returning calls or e-mails.
    I am still waiting for a work list, prices and confirmation that the parts are at the garage not sat on some suppliers shelf.

May be good reasons, but not had them. In fact, the garage has now hired some one to manage the parts / motorsport section of the garage ...
    Anyway told them I am fed up waiting, not having parts ordered when told they would be, having my spec changed to manufactures they trade in rather than items / manufacturers I have used happily before, etc. etc.

Having Prodrive springs fitted today at dealer with the 1 year service, so lets see how they improve the nose lift / dip on power / braking and roll in bends before I go to the next step.

So already got my Japan STi parts, need to get them fitted.
    Got some of the suspension stuff - Whiteline roll / bump steer kits, powerflex ALK, gearbox and steering rack PU mounts, and the other front wishbone PU bush, so front end sorted when I fit them.

Rear diff and subframe power / positive traction kits - Whiteline - ( PU plugs for voids in OEM bushes ).

And will get it 4 wheel aligned when done, with lots of camber on front, using camber bolts at rear and 2 pairs on front as needed!
    Will be based on the Prodrive settings as seen on here and come with the springs.

A/R bars IF needed can be done later with the adjustable drop links.

urban

Post  urban Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:28 am

vulnax wrote:
    Having Prodrive springs fitted today at dealer with the 1 year service, so lets see how they improve the nose lift / dip on power / braking and roll in bends before I go to the next step.

Look forward to hearing your views on the Prodrive Springs.
    vulnax
    vulnax

Post  vulnax Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:58 am

Hi Urban

OK, got the car back tonight from the dealers after the 1 year service and more importantly the Prodrive springs.
    No one seems to know or find out the rates for the Prodrive springs ( although some STi springs in Japan are rated 50 front, 40 rear, kg/cm I think the units are ... )

Firstly .... NOT HARSH! some comments I had read were saying the ride quality is lost, too hard / harsh / bumpy ... but not a bit of it.
    The 50 mile return journey included a couple of lots of 30 - 40 mph vilages, 40 - 60 stretches of country A roads with bends, and some motor way.

All felt fine to the bum sensor! No harsh jarring over rough tarmac, no jiggling or crashing about in turns.

The nose lift on booting hard has nearly gone.
    The front squatting under braking seems much reduced.
    The undulation during normal driving has now gone.
    The car remains flat around corners, much less roll.

Not pushed it yet or tried my problem roads but the under steer seems less ..

It was set to the Prodrive alignment settings, although they could not get more than 1 09 ( 1 degree 9 minutes ) on one side so made it even both sides at that ( should be able to get upto 1 30 ).

The car is a daily driver so I will feed back more feeling / performance over the next few days.

First impressions are good.
    Price comparablewith othesprings, around £200, fitting was Dealer price so a bit dear.
    Other similar springs with similar heights / rates may well do as well!

Ohh yeah, not sure if it looks any lower, should be around 20mm lower, I forgot to measure before I took it in....!
    Tone Loc
    Tone Loc

Post  Tone Loc Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:37 pm

I'd be interested to see some pics of the arch gaps, arron's looks good at the mo but the ET35mm wheels seem to help.

Where did you source the springs and which dealer did the fitting?

Cheers,

Tony.
    vulnax
    vulnax

Post  vulnax Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:08 pm

Hi Tony,

Monksheath ( near Knutsford, Macclesfield ) were the dealers, nearest to me despite a 50+ mile run!
    They supplied and fitted the springs.

I'll let the car / springs settle and get a few pics at the weekend.

Seems about 2 finger gap above each tyre to arch lip, but very rough before I brought the car home.
    urban

Post  urban Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:36 am

vulnax wrote:Hi Urban

OK, got the car back tonight from the dealers after the 1 year service and more importantly the Prodrive springs.
    No one seems to know or find out the rates for the Prodrive springs ( although some STi springs in Japan are rated 50 front, 40 rear, kg/cm I think the units are ... )

Firstly .... NOT HARSH! some comments I had read were saying the ride quality is lost, too hard / harsh / bumpy ... but not a bit of it.
    The 50 mile return journey included a couple of lots of 30 - 40 mph vilages, 40 - 60 stretches of country A roads with bends, and some motor way.

All felt fine to the bum sensor! No harsh jarring over rough tarmac, no jiggling or crashing about in turns.

The nose lift on booting hard has nearly gone.
    The front squatting under braking seems much reduced.
    The undulation during normal driving has now gone.
    The car remains flat around corners, much less roll.

Not pushed it yet or tried my problem roads but the under steer seems less ..

It was set to the Prodrive alignment settings, although they could not get more than 1 09 ( 1 degree 9 minutes ) on one side so made it even both sides at that ( should be able to get upto 1 30 ).

The car is a daily driver so I will feed back more feeling / performance over the next few days.

First impressions are good.
    Price comparablewith othesprings, around £200, fitting was Dealer price so a bit dear.
    Other similar springs with similar heights / rates may well do as well!

Ohh yeah, not sure if it looks any lower, should be around 20mm lower, I forgot to measure before I took it in....!

Good news.
    How many hours labour did they charge you if you don't mind.

I'm very temped to get these for my own 330S - hopefully remove that "powerboat" feeling on acceleration/deceleration Smile

I'll keep an eye out for updates/pictures

Cheers
    Shaun
    vulnax
    vulnax

Post  vulnax Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:11 am

No problem Shaun,

Twas £280 labour including the full 4 wheel alignment to Prodrive settings ( my preference on which of the range ... go to max -ve camber at front mainly )

So about 2 hours labour at £80 or £90 / hour and the tracking at £99 a go.

Yeah, near £600 all in!!!!!

Warranty friendly though.....
    Tone Loc
    Tone Loc

Post  Tone Loc Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:26 am

vulnax wrote:Hi Tony,

Monksheath ( near Knutsford, Macclesfield ) were the dealers, nearest to me despite a 50+ mile run!
    They supplied and fitted the springs.

I'll let the car / springs settle and get a few pics at the weekend.

Seems about 2 finger gap above each tyre to arch lip, but very rough before I brought the car home.

Monks Heath are my local dealer too, i always used Prosport for servicing etc tho. The price doesn't seem too bad for a dealer.

Just checked my car and using the scientific measuring system may car as it stands now is 2 1/2 fingers in the rear arch and 3 in the fronts. So that coincides with what other people have said regards the Prodrive springs.... about 10mm front and 5mm rear drop. The slightly larger drop on the front is what i want but i'd say 20mm and 15mm drop would be ideal.

How much did MH want for the springs? They are £230 i think on Prodrive's website.

Cheers,

Tony.
    vulnax
    vulnax

Post  vulnax Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:59 am

Springs were £200, plus the good old VAT so around £235 all in I guess.

Still pleased with them so far!
    mickp

Post  mickp Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:26 pm

Prosport fitted mine last year. I have been pleased with the springs, they are not harsh and do make a definite improvement.

I tried Monks Heath 5 years ago with a previous scoob, thought they were expensive. Been happy with Peter at Prosport ever since cheers

If i keep the Hatch it will be Prosport who get the job of fitting the forged gear Wink

Paul666
    Paul666

Post  Paul666 Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:50 pm

mickp wrote:Prosport fitted mine last year. I have been pleased with the springs, they are not harsh and do make a definite improvement.

I tried Monks Heath 5 years ago with a previous scoob, thought they were expensive. Been happy with Peter at Prosport ever since cheers

If i keep the Hatch it will be Prosport who get the job of fitting the forged gear Wink

Prosport have done all the work on my hatch.

Mick, we'll have to see if we can get Pete to do a discount on a couple of forged rebuilds sometime next year?
    vulnax
    vulnax

Post  vulnax Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:05 pm

Are Prosport any good on rebuilds???

I know they are OK on services and fitting bits..!

Tone Loc
    Tone Loc

Post  Tone Loc Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:56 am

i would have no hesitation letting Pete rebuild my engine, been using them for ten years when they were first in Levenshulme. With their experience and knowledge (running and building rally cars too) the work would be spot on. Maybe we should ask about a GB on 'drop in' pistons, no need to splt the block then and the rest of the engine could take a nice 380bhp with ease...

Lets have the spring pics too ,)
    mickp

Post  mickp Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:01 am

Paul666 wrote:
    mickp wrote:Prosport fitted mine last year. I have been pleased with the springs, they are not harsh and do make a definite improvement.

Prosport have done all the work on my hatch.

Mick, we'll have to see if we can get Pete to do a discount on a couple of forged rebuilds sometime next year?

Paul

I have already had a chat with Pete, just waiting for price on mine. Can't make my mind up whether to keep it or sell it though. Today i want to keep it but tomorrow may be different Embarassed

It's a great car TBH, just the piston issue that has caused unrest with me Mad Mad
    vulnax
    vulnax

Sti 330S suspension development "project" - Page 2 Empty Failure of Whiteline adjustable drop links and brackets.

Post  vulnax Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:34 pm

Another bit of a problem.

Whiteline rear adjustable drop links - failed again!

Sti 330S suspension development "project" - Page 2 IMG_0012

Car felt funny recently, I blamed the weather and the cold, then the tyres.

Looked under the rear today, the o/s drop link has snapped on the adjustable bolt, and also the mounting bracket in the lower arm has sheared off at the point the link mounts on thelower part.

I had the mounting bracket shear after less than 3 months last year on the n/s ... Whiteline sent thicker new design brackets .. so must know about the problem.

Sti 330S suspension development "project" - Page 2 IMG_0001-3
    Sti 330S suspension development "project" - Page 2 IMG_0002-3

Waiting to see if they will replace the drop link.
    Not been sure about the mounting angle even with the spacers provided.

Sti 330S suspension development "project" - Page 2 IMG_0011[/url]

Last edited by vulnax on Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : double posted images!)
    vulnax
    vulnax

Post  vulnax Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:32 pm

Whiteline are sending replacement droplinks ( 2 of ) so whoopee!
    Told me off for not fitting both the modified uprated lower mounting brackets at the time ( as you wouldn't have broken the drop link if you had ) !

Not arrived yet, awaiting delivery of stock.

No comment on the angle ... nor if I had fitted them wrong side of the lower bracket ( not really any room, certainly not above due to level sensor brackets ).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:18 am