Impreza GR Series (2008+)

Welcome to the Subaru Hatch Forums, please log in...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Subaru Hatch Forums, please log in...

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion Forums for the Subaru Impreza Hatch.

Latest topics

» Shame some spammer got on here!
The engine build begins at last .... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:04 pm by vulnax

» Anti roll bar sizes on Sti / 330S
The engine build begins at last .... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:13 am by vulnax

» 2008-on Rear RED overlays
The engine build begins at last .... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:47 am by salsa-king

» UBot Studio Cracked 3.00086 Free 1
The engine build begins at last .... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:51 pm by xymonneco

» Tf2 Naked Models Gmod.zip
The engine build begins at last .... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:29 pm by xymonneco

» Download Windows 8 Sl 64 Bit Iso
The engine build begins at last .... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:28 pm by xymonneco

» Desi Students Fun-8 Mins-Hindi Audio XXx(www.mastitorrents.com)
The engine build begins at last .... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:13 am by xymonneco

» Rclicker-setup
The engine build begins at last .... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:44 pm by xymonneco

» Internet Download Manager 5.18 (PreCracked)
The engine build begins at last .... - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu May 29, 2014 6:07 pm by xymonneco

Navigation

Affiliates

Rclicker-setup

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:42 pm by xymonneco

Rclicker-setup
http://tinyurl.com/ktt6dgy

Cucu Bilal Full 3gp

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:57 am by xymonneco

Cucu Bilal Full 3gp
tinyurl.com/ob68lca

Www Sexy Videos Download Com

Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:54 pm by xymonneco

Www Sexy Videos Download Com > tinyurl.com/qze2wkc

Whatsapp Jar File For Mobile Lg Cookie Plus Gs500.rar

Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:13 pm by xymonneco

Whatsapp Jar File For Mobile Lg Cookie Plus Gs500.rar > tinyurl.com/om7bj72

Subaru Isle of Man Record attempt

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:44 am by Bensonsti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFlSG9_Ue4A&feature=related

+11
mickp
Mobius 1
Tone Loc
Manchester_Kris
urban
P4UL
vulnax
enginetuner
jaypSTI
Rob
StanS
15 posters

The engine build begins at last ....

StanS

The engine build begins at last .... - Page 5 Empty Re: The engine build begins at last ....

Post  StanS Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:18 am

Have got everything crossed !!
    Thanks for looking Vulnax ! Very Happy
    vulnax
    vulnax

The engine build begins at last .... - Page 5 Empty Re: The engine build begins at last ....

Post  vulnax Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:52 am

It's not a problem... it WAS a whiteline kit, and the garage gave me a couple of bags of bits back when done ... hadn't looked in it.

I'll go out and have a look now I am home.

cat monkey alien What a Face clown santa rendeer farao flower elephant jocolor geek
    vulnax
    vulnax

The engine build begins at last .... - Page 5 Empty sob

Post  vulnax Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:22 am

Hmmm.... bearer of bad news I am afraid...

I ordered these KSR207 HD steering rack bushes Whiteline parts / kit...
    but I can't find any new / unused bushs in the pile of bolts, rubbers and pressed out old bushes they returned to me.

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail.php?part_number=KSR207

It doesn't seem to have both sized parts in the kit.

I know on my classic I had to specify which diameter / kit I I wanted...
    Rheid

Post  Rheid Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:52 am

Just found the fitting instructions that came with a KSR207 kit and contents are listed as:

4 x driver-side half bushes
    1 x passenger-side bush (67086 46mm ID)
    1 x passenger-side bush (60961 48mm ID)
    2 x driver-side metal tubes
    1 x grease sachet
    1 x bush removal tool kit

Also still have the unused 46mm ID bush - 67086.

The fitting instructions actually cover kits KSR206 (MY05 onward WRX & STi) and KSR207 (MY08 onward) however the contents list for KSR206 lists only 1 passenger-side bush so I suspect that the pic in the WL cat is of the KSR206 kit. In fact looking again there is an additional note stating that "KSR207 kit contains 2 passenger-side bushes to cover varying rack sizes".

Stan, it would be worth your while to check the OD of the JDM rack and your existing rack at the bush fitting point to see if they're 46mm or 48mm OD. I can't be 100% certain that all JDM racks are 48mm OD but the 3 or 4 I've had pass through have all been of the 48mm variety.

HTH, Neil
    StanS

Post  StanS Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:00 pm

Doh !
    Thanks very much for looking Vulnax Very Happy
    Seems I was misinformed about both size drivers bushes in the kit Sad
    Not to worry - I may have to buy a JDM kit, use the JDM one I want and sell the rest on at a reduced price with my used UK bush Sad
    Thanks again

Neil
    Double doh !
    I thought it was the driver's side bush that was different dia (bang head against wall smilie !)
    I'll go and measure the rack !
    Thanks for your input Very Happy
    StanS

Post  StanS Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:19 pm

Neil,
    Its got "STi 11 quick" written in white and

34110FG010
    510-04116 81
    7X30

The black cylinder is 48mm dia

Thanks again Neil Very Happy

I'll buy a 48mm kit. Do you happen to know the ref number of the kit that fits the JDM rack ? If not I'll ring that site and find out. Seems a good price - seen them at £60 affraid

vulnax
    vulnax

Post  vulnax Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:44 pm

HA!

I never got this tool back either then!

1 x bush removal tool kit

Rheid

Post  Rheid Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:28 pm

Hi Stan,

The point I was trying to get across in my previous ramblings is that the KSR207 kit contains both a 46mm and 48mm bush.

And you'll be reassured to hear, part number 34110FG010 is correct for the JDM/GrpN quick rack.

Try Julian at Balance Motorsport on 01903 879111 for a price on the kit. I've always found him about the cheapest out there and always spot on service. Usually if he doesn't have it in stock he'll arrange a drop shipment direct from Whiteline's UK distributer, Impex Automotive - who are just across the Forth from me in Dumfermline.

Vulnax, you're not missing much TBH. The 'bush removal tool kit' is pretty much just a metal cup and drawbolt. I've never actually had to use it, the original bushes pop out really easily in my experience and the WL replacements are even easier to fit.

Cheers, Neil
    StanS

Post  StanS Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:25 am

Thanks Neil !

Just re-read your post - yes, its perfectly clear when read properly that there are 2 big bushes !! Embarassed Laughing
    I put it down to age and excess of wine ! Rolling Eyes
    Obviously past my bed time Sleep

Thanks again for your valuable input - much appreciated. Very Happy
    Will get on it this morning.

Ordered from Julian Very Happy
    Thanks for your help Smile

StanS

Post  StanS Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:56 am

Recently, at times, I noticed a slight oily smokey smell in the cabin. Couldn't see any leaks and was not losing oil so ignored it. Then had a massive oil smell and when I stopped to investigate, clouds of oily smolke came from under the bonnet. On inspection I found a pool of oil (on top of the cam cover) under the breathers from the drivers side cam cover It had dribbled down onto the lagged exhaust manifold Crying or Very sad
    So got home, whipped off the FMIC and CAI pipes and fitted a couple of jubilee clips, wiped the oil off and went out to test it and burn off the remains of the oil on the lagging. A little into this spirited run, the road behind was hidden by a cloud of oily smoke. Stopped and oil smoke was again coming from the exhaust manifold, but no sign of any oil from the breathers. Looked underneath as much as you can in the road - no drips confused
    Next day hired a lift at i-tuned and had a good look. Eventually found that the turbo return oil hose bottom wire clip was so lose you could spin it with your finger, which was as much contact as you could get in there ! Even removing the lower strut brace it was not possible to do much other than wiggle it down and try to bend it more closed so it would grip the hose a bit tighter.
    Decided that was not a good enough fix to take it anywhere to get it repaired, so am now waiting for a transporter affraid to take it to Iain Litcfield's on Sunday so he can have a look at it Monday.

Will update when I get back.....

Last edited by StanS on Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    mickp

Post  mickp Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:41 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Hope you get sorted quickly Stan.
    StanS

Post  StanS Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:46 am

Captainslog, stardate Tues.

Iain's technician Dan spent all day trying to find out why the crankcase was getting pressurised and blowing oil out of the breathers (or engine affraid )

Removed FMIC and CAI pipes, turbo and inlet manifold to check:
    1. the metal oil feed pipe to the turbo (in which they once found a pinhole where the pipe had been rubbing on a bracket), and they found mine was also rubbing where it had been bent slightly because of the larger turbo, but could not see any damage, but decided to upgrade to the 2011 feed pipe which has a better run to the turbo.
    2. the PCV under the top air intake pipe to the breather system which they had found occasionally sticks, as was mine - pressurising the breather system with boost pressure air/mixture !! So they decided to modify the breather system to non recirculating and just go into the catch tank, rather than a mixture of std breather system + catch tank that Alan fitted. This stops the stuck valve being in the system.
    3. the turbo, so sent turbo off for checking to be 100% sure it was not turbo related.
    4. engine pressures, to check rings/pistons/valves were OK. All pressures within 5psi of each other (phew !).

So now 100% sure its the sticky PCV that caused the problem.
    Hope the turbo oil pipe arrives today to be fitted and the turbo arrives back tomorrow.
    Meanwhile the leaky front nearside shock was rebuilt and refitted and the new quick rack is being fitted.
    Will update again tomorrow. Not looking forward to the bill affraid

Thurs
    Iain is so busy, he won't be able to look at it til Tues .....

StanS

Post  StanS Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:55 am

Breather problem sorted - it was the PCV valve sticking. It is no longer in the breather system, (cam covers and crankcase vented to the oil catch tank) so this will not happen again.
    StanS

Post  StanS Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:14 am

Due to the Subaru garage taking the car for TWO "test" drives after failing to fill the oil correctly and with no oil showing on the dipstick, and them denying that driving it with insufficient oil would cause any damage, I had it transported to Enginetuner to be stripped, inspected and rebuilt.
    As there was 4 litres of new oil in (it needs 5.5 litres) and they only drove it 6 miles there was only minor damage to the bearings.

The Cosworth bearings and rings have been replaced (so all the items that are likely to wear have been replaced) along with the clutch which had a slight vibration, so the new owner will have the benefit of a "new" Enginetuner engine and clutch.

Current pics:

The engine build begins at last .... - Page 5 Cid_8674478BE44744AD860886E2D77634A3AJHOME

The engine build begins at last .... - Page 5 Cid_9DC86CFD15594B699A0DC4E4B96C0C78AJHOME

The engine build begins at last .... - Page 5 Cid_9A405168BDC448CA8136AC42DC379F4EAJHOME

The engine build begins at last .... - Page 5 Cid_8E8389613DDD4913A8B658D3A615D943AJHOME

The engine build begins at last .... - Page 5 Cid_8E8389613DDD4913A8B658D3A615D943AJHOME

The engine build begins at last .... - Page 5 Cid_C433373E867B46959423F3E5CECEDD5FAJHOME

Wish I was keeping it !!
    Now collected and running in - 500 miles and now on semi-synthetic running in oil.
    vulnax
    vulnax

Post  vulnax Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:12 pm

Any news, any takers on the car Stan?

All the best

V
    StanS

Post  StanS Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:02 pm

Hi Smile
    Still one person interested in it for a project.
    Hope to hear this week or next.

Trying to sell my summer rims/R888 as well - £500 off new price for almost new tyres/rims.
    mickp

Post  mickp Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:44 am

Has it sold Stan ??
    StanS

Post  StanS Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:08 am

Technically still available.
    Smile
    Prospective purchaser not paid deposit yet - still sorting details of what they want it for. Should know after final meeting on Jan 30th.
    If sold it will be re-advertised by them after they have usd it for their currently "secret" project. Suspect Wink
    mickp

Post  mickp Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:02 am

StanS wrote:Technically still available.
    Smile
    Prospective purchaser not paid deposit yet - still sorting details of what they want it for. Should know after final meeting on Jan 30th.
    If sold it will be re-advertised by them after they have usd it for their currently "secret" project. Suspect Wink

It's not a bank job is it ?? Laughing Laughing
    StanS

Post  StanS Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:30 am

Laughing
    Sworn to secrecy until its sorted !

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:50 am